• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That my friends is why Hank Conger needs to make the team

Chuck

Alden Gonzalez @Alden_Gonzalez

31st March 2013 from TwitLonger

Here's what Sosh said about going with Conger despite previous throwing issues: "As a catcher, you don’t have to shut down a running game, but you need to contain it. And Hank has the arm strength to do that, he just, for a while, lost his rhythm in the spring and had a rough time early in camp. As spring went on, there’s no doubt he found his release point and threw better."

I like that quote.  Sounds like Sosh is giving Conger a fair shake.

In the games i got to see on tv this spring, Hanks bat speed stood out the most to me. He seemed to be more aggressive at the plate, and more confident. Defensively, his ability to block pitches in the dirt and his framing of pitches seemed really improved. Yes he had trouble throwing, although that one game with the 3 throwing errors should be chalked up to having a horrible one game. The other throwing error would have been hardly noticed if it wasn't for that horrible game previous. Just remember the team use to have a catcher who thought 2nd base was in medium cf. I think if Trumbo stumbles out of the gate, we will see Hank getting some dh time when he isn't catching.

Alden Gonzalez @Alden_Gonzalez

31st March 2013 from TwitLonger

Here's what Sosh said about going with Conger despite previous throwing issues: "As a catcher, you don’t have to shut down a running game, but you need to contain it. And Hank has the arm strength to do that, he just, for a while, lost his rhythm in the spring and had a rough time early in camp. As spring went on, there’s no doubt he found his release point and threw better."

That's the first reasonable quote I have ever heard from Scioscia regarding catchers.