• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another example of how the US is idiotic

No. I'm trying to understand why that was such a good example. It sounds like a poor example. I'm in favor of gun rights. I'm in favor of all rights. I don't believe in government. But that example was poor. Nothing was threatened.

Huh?

You say you don't believe in government but there's no problem when the government barges into your backyard whenever they feel like it? 

I know of a couple instances where firearms have deterred abuse from local governments. Has anybody ever dealt with the power-hungry, sometimes sadistic employees in code enforcement or the building department? 

An old neighbor of ours woke up one morning to barking dogs.  This was normal when the meter reader from Edison visited the backyard, except this time, the barking continued for five minutes.  In the backyard was a woman rummaging around next to his RV.  He grabbed his gun and confronted her outside.  This stupid idiot was from code enforcement.  She invited herself into the backyard without asking for permission or obtaining a search warrant, and after she mouthed off at him, he walked her to the street at gunpoint.  She called the police, and to her dismay, they sided with our neighbor saying he acted reasonably under the circumstances.

Would a stern voice or a stick have worked as well? How about calling the cops?

LOL, walking a code enforcement officer off at gunpoint.  Maybe they sent this guy numerous letters that he was in violation of something and he said F that.  I know my HOA didn't like the little cherubs I put in the front yard planter.  Didn't get permission for evil cherubs.  

Your example of government invasion is a classic. 

Huh?

You say you don't believe in government but there's no problem when the government barges into your backyard whenever they feel like it?

No, that's a separate issue. I'm asking why the gun was necessary. It doesn't need to be necessary. But the story implied it was.

No, that's a separate issue. I'm asking why the gun was necessary. It doesn't need to be necessary. But the story implied it was.

Well, I wasn't there and my memory of him telling the story is a little fuzzy. 

I believe the gun appeared when she refused to leave, with her saying he should shut up and let her do her job.  I think he was suspicious she worked for the city at all.  She did.

A gun is not for show and it's not for leading anyone off the property. It's for shooting.

I don't talk about what I have or where they are kept. I would never threaten anyone. If I point a gun at you then prepare to be shot. What circumstance might motivate me to use it I don't know but I reserve the right to keep it available until that time comes. If you want to take it away then come and get it.

I'm missing the point of guns apparently.

I like guns and believe that they can aid in protecting yourself*. However, the reality of using a gun in stressful situation is not something the masses are able to handle. Myself included. I don't care if you go to the range or shoot cans in your backyard daily, you still have no idea how to handle a gun consumed with stress. This ain't the movies. Then there's the issue with keeping it away from kids. You can lock it with any type of security but one day most kids get their hands on it. To make it worse, most adults are still kids. 

If you're talking hunting, then sure, I see a sane reason to own a rifle.

I'm missing the point of guns apparently.

I like guns and believe that they can aid in protecting yourself*. However, the reality of using a gun in stressful situation is not something the masses are able to handle. Myself included. I don't care if you go to the range or shoot cans in your backyard daily, you still have no idea how to handle a gun consumed with stress. This ain't the movies. Then there's the issue with keeping it away from kids. You can lock it with any type of security but one day most kids get their hands on it. To make it worse, most adults are still kids.

If you're talking hunting, then sure, I see a sane reason to own a rifle.

All this is very true. Hell, even cops have a hard time in shootings. Not everyone should own a gun.

I'm a Code Officer. You know, one of those power-hungry/uber sadistic local government employees.

I should have seen that coming.  The frosting on the cake would be if I've dealt with you in real life.  Please don't tell me you work for the City of Fullerton.

I for one am sick to friggin death of people parading extremists or dead kids out as some excuse to justify taking away rights of others.

You want more gun laws,,, fine, tells me exactly what you want, and exactly what its supposed to affect?

Do not give me this bullshit about school shootings etc.. as the vast majority of them would not have been affected by any law anyone has yet proposed to me and none of them would actually affect crime so at the end of the day all you are doing is disarming the public.

Now these whackjobs that needan AK to order a freaking burrito, please... we all know thats ludicrous so stop running the same 3 ppictures out ther like that means anything.  youve got idiots on all sides of all arguments.