• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

That ankle looks beyond gross. He had all his weight on his shin with the ankle off to the side. Nasty.

Bummer. I like both dudes and would have liked to see this end properly. Bummer it ends like this. Poirier probably outworks him and the rest of the fight goes how the first round went, but would have liked to see it end as Conor can still touch anyone.

Conor is probably done. Kind of has been anyway.

I was curious this time with him coming off a loss and like Dustin mentioned, he has money and doesn't need to fight so a dude that is the richest athlete that wants to be in there is a scary thing.

Conor looked ok to start (my stream was being a bitch at points to start) and looked like he was going to control the fight the same way he did with Diaz in the second fight, but Dustin saw that and decided to grapple and Dustin looked so much bigger....I'm curious to see what his cage weight is because he looked at least 170 in there.

I was more interested in the prelims and they were good while the main card was kind of as expected. That fill in guy was the highlight of the main card as he was a tank that O'Malley kept blasting on. Pretty disappointing end, but Dustin looks like a late bloomer that has looked super impressive in all of his last fights except for getting mauled by Khabib. Watching the way he fought Gaethje, Holloway, Hooker, and Conor was really impressive. He is well rounded and probably dismantles Oliviera the same way. 

I would have lost as I would have taken Conor simply for the odds, but would have bet the house on Burns. Didn’t care about the Hardy fight and not sure if there was a line on the Aldana fight because she missed weight. Wouldn’t have touched the O’Malley fight because the odds were so skewed…..or threw a little on the dog as a flyer.

Edited by Brandon

I was leaning towards Poirier to win, but purely looking at the odds I thought it was close enough to take the dog. And rewatching the fight had a chance. He came out strong and the kicks were the key like they were in the second Diaz fight. He was looking good until he went for the guillotine and made the error of trying to take it to his back. He should have sunk it in like he did, but stayed standing. Credit to Dustin to how he got out and controlled from top position. Listening to Kavanaugh break down the fight and the game plan, they were where they wanted. Dustin did well on top, but Conor always does a great job of rolling his head with punches and did the same with those elbows to where it wasn’t as bad as it looked.

But Dustin still likely wins and looks in top form. I think he beats Oliviera and don’t really see anyone as well rounded in the lightweight division. Maybe Chandler or Gaethje make adjustments and surprise us but I like Dustin a lot against anyone in the division. His growth has actually been fun to watch.

Conor was dominated. There's a reason he's only won 1 significant fight in the last 5 years. He's done as a real title threat. 

2 of the 3 judges had the first round 10-8. He's lucky it didn't go any further. Pretty funny that HE was the one who was carried out on a stretcher after all of his mouthing off. 

I think that one win is even questionable. I like Cowboy, but he was where Conor is now and on the decline. It was a tune up fight. I saw enough that he can still bang, but that invincible aura has been gone and it’s almost like Diaz where people will want to fight these guys for the payday and likely win.

I wouldn’t use the judges as a barometer to how fights go, it’s constantly a crap shoot with them. He pulled guard by bringing the guillotine to his back, it’s not like Dustin put him there. He also was rolling and covering up well to where I didn’t thinking was 10-8…..but they keep tinkering with this because it’s an issue. The judges overcorrected in recent years because of the judging complaints.

I think Conor would have kept him off as the kicks were working, but also think Dustin would have adjusted and kept taking him down and dominating on top. Both made the adjustments I expected. I would have liked to see it play out. But I think Conor is done as the guys in his tier are a bit better and will chase the belt. I’m more curious how Conor will ride off into the sunset.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In one of the most shocking upsets since Rhonda Rousey got beat, Julianna Pena upsets Amanda Nunes as a +600 underdog with a rear naked choke.

This after thoroughly getting her ass kicked in the first round.

Simply a stunning upset.

Edited by PattyD22

If you had a parlay of Pena and Oliveira it paid handsomely.

It was wild watching Pena just find her distance with that jab and nail her with it and everything about Nunes changed and was like, "oh shit...". I think at fight time she was +650 and Nunes was -1000 which is basically what the past two Nunes fights were and Nunes beat the shit out of Anderson and I forget the other chick.

20 hours ago, Brandon said:

It was wild watching Pena just find her distance with that jab and nail her with it and everything about Nunes changed and was like, "oh shit...".

That was it right there. Pena's jab completely controlled the fight.