• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Draft Signings - Angels 2014

It's a much more expedited process for signing, but the deadline hasn't past yet. They have until August 15th, I believe. The Angels have said that they don't plan on pitching him too much this year, so there's no rush. They are working towards an agreement. I hope, and think, that in the end he will sign.

It's a much more expedited process for signing, but the deadline hasn't past yet. They have until August 15th, I believe. The Angels have said that they don't plan on pitching him too much this year, so there's no rush. They are working towards an agreement. I hope, and think, that in the end he will sign.

Nope, July 18, as jshep mentioned.  So a week from Friday.

Its a no brainer for the kid to sign. He would not only be risking where he would be drafted next year, but even if he did get drafted higher and made another million or two, he would lose that in salary being a year older as a major leaguer.

It's not angels related, but I didn't want to make a thread.  

But overall #1 pick Brady Aiken is apparently having elbow issues, and houston is trying to knock his bonus from 6.5 to $5million (slot value is 7.9 million).  It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

I'm not worried at all. If he doesn't sign, he'll be a senior next year and would likely command the same or far less money. The only way he can make more is if he stated healthy, improved, dominated and went 1st overall. Anyone will tell you, that's a heck of a gamble, unnecessary too.

Dipoto made it clear they don't intend to pitch him a lot upon signing, so there hasn't been a rush. He'll sign and it'll be reasonably close to slot value, work out in AZ or Orem and start next year in AA.

The Angels and first-round pick Sean Newcomb are making progress toward an agreement before Friday's deadline, according to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.

"We’re certainly working toward a deal," said Greg Genske, Newcomb’s advisor. "It probably gets done. We’re pretty close, but nothing has been finalized." Newcomb, a left-hander, went 8-2 with a 1.25 ERA and 106/38 K/BB ratio in 93 1/3 innings with the University of Hartford this past season. He throws 91-95 mph and, in a depleted Angels system, will become one of the team's top prospects upon signing on the dotted line.

Jul 16 - 6:43 PM

Will be interesting to see what the bonus is.  I believe Newcomb will sign.  It will be between slot and ~$2.8M (per the MLBTR article reference of Baseball America)  which is the most the Angels can go without loosing next year's pick.  It is a test of wills to see which end of the spectrum it ends up.   Newcomb has more to loose.