• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Draft Signings - Angels 2014

20 Rd Kyle Martin 1B

South Carolina first baseman Kyle Martin has elected to put his professional baseball career on hold and is returning to South Carolina for his senior season.

“This was not an easy decision and I appreciate the Angels drafting me.  However, after talking it over with my family, Coach Holbrook and the staff and Coach Tanner, I’ve decided that I want to come back and help lead the 2015 team."

http://www.beachcarolina.com/2014/06/11/kyle-martin-to-return-for-senior-season/

Rd 4    Jeremy Rhoades   RHP

According to Rhoades, he was going to sign a contract on Monday night to forgo his senior season and head to Orem, Utah today to begin rookie ball. He is expected to pitch out of the bullpen.

"I going to go in there and do the best I can," said Rhoades, who added that it's been a dream of his since five or six years old to play professional baseball. "Hopefully I can make it up [to the big leagues] as quickly as possible."

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2014/06/09/jeremy-rhoades-drafted-by-los-angeles-angels/a3gml2c/

Bo Way, this year's bonus cap cushion.  Since the new slot/tax system has come into play there is at least one college senior who is drafted in the first ten and signed well below slot.  

So far, calculating only the announced bonuses compared to the slot assigned for that pick, the Angels are $276K under budget.

I'm intrigued by a lot of these signing bonuses. I knew a kid drafted in the 10th round last year, the team ended up offering him like 10,000 as a bonus just for the sake of paying someone else more.

Personally, I'd like to see a hard slot where ever pick in the draft is allotted a certain bonus. It makes it so that the team doesn't have to maneuver and from the player's standpoint. If they don't like the bonus, stay in school, put up better numbers and get drafted higher.