• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Con here, but I'm giving the president a pass on this one

He's getting a lot of flak over his gum chewing during the Normandy ceremonies this weekend.

I think he was chewing Nicorette. He's a well-known cigarette addict who smokes up a storm in private. Nicorette would be considered medicinal, right?

I'll give him a pass on this one. As a former cigarette addict, I can relate.

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/twitter-chews-up-barack-obama-after-gum-gaffe-at-dday-ceremonies/story-fnh81p7g-1226946585615

A whole lot of people don't share your point of view.

Agreed. And some people think not owning a TV makes you more sophisticated. Just because people think it doesn't make it true. Chewing gum doesn't require your attention or active participation. He wasn't less focused on the event because of the gum. It's just something people have decided represents immaturity and a lack of interest in something but it doesn't really represent that. Or anything. Except for that the gum chewer likes gum.

Edited by HaloMagic

How long was the ceremony? Was it not reasonable for him to have the gum before and after? This is actually the first I've heard of the story and I don't think it's really a big deal. Chewing gum in many situations just appears unprofessional. Probably not the best look for the POTUS during a high profile thing like that.

That's our president... Doesn't even have the willpower to kick nicotine addiction during a celebration of one of the most important days in US history. More proof we have a feeble minded President.

You say a lot of stupid stuff, Nate.