• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baby Machado

The judges are out in force here. LOL at the stretch with Norris and smirking. He was being a young punk about the tag...big deal. Approach him after the game and tell him face to face that his antics were out of line.

But this whole beanball pussyness in baseball is worse especially because you can seriously injure someone. If someone throws a baseball at 95 MPH towards me why is it cardinal sin to throw my bat? Both pussy moves. Both childish.

Before this series has Machado been a punk? I was under the impression that he carries himself in a professional manner however I don't watch sportcenter every night nor follow the O's religiously.

He threw a bat at a pitcher after hitting the catcher in the head with it. Handled it poorly is certainly one way to put it. And by it I assume you mean the unnecessary situation he created because he doesn't fully understand how baseball works.

Hey, but he's young!

And by young, we're talking about a 4 year old, right? Because I would say that's about the age limit for that being an acceptable excuse for how he's handled himself.

Machado just put a target on his back. This goes beyond him being an idiot. These were acts intended to purposefully harm other players. You want to be late for bp or drive your car too fast or play poor fundamental baseball? Go ahead.

You want to make a point injure people randomly? good luck.

I wouldn't be surprised if other teams made a point to plunk this guy a few times as well.

I'd like to see every pitcher he faces throw at him until he quits the game. No room for punks like this.

Tossing the bat towards the pitcher is something that has definitely occurred to me. We have watched opposing teams throw at our guys for years with very little retaliation. Weaver taking it upon himself in Detroit a while backside only time I recall. Scoscia NEVER calls for a bean ball. So yes it has occurred to me to wake up the pitcher that's throwing at us. Padilla and Pedro both come to mind.

Trout has a tendency to argue strike calls that are actually strikes. Anyone else notice that? It almost seems like Pujols has influenced him. Was he like this in the minors?

are you comparing a look back to the ump after a borderline ball/strike call to someone purposefully swinging a bat toward someone's head and then laughing about it?  

I'm 99% sure he was trying to throw the bat at Abad (even Callaspo is fast enough to move out of the way of it going to 3rd)..it hits Abad in the leg..it fractures something.

Screw suspensions..when do the cops get involved?

He was just thrown at for the 2nd time in the at bat...if the cops are getting involved Abad would be in trouble too.

He was just thrown at for the 2nd time in the at bat...if the cops are getting involved Abad would be in trouble too.

Whether they should be or not, beanballs are a part of baseball. You can argue that they shouldn't be but the fact is that when Abad threw at Machado they still were. Throwing the bat at a pitcher has never been a part of baseball. Not comparable.

He threw a ball at his legs, which is easily avoidable, as evidently seen. 

Is no one bringing up the fact that after the tag incident, the O's "retaliated" and legitimately threw at Donaldson TWICE in the same at bat high and tight, the second time actually hitting him and Donaldson took it and did nothing about it. The fact that the A's were going to retaliate themselves was inevitable, and I'm sure the back swing hitting Norris only solidified it more. Machado should have accepted it and moved on based on his own initial reactions to the tag and the fact that his team backed him up and went ahead and hit Donaldson already.

He threw a ball at his legs, which is easily avoidable, as evidently seen.

Is no one bringing up the fact that after the tag incident, the O's "retaliated" and legitimately threw at Donaldson TWICE in the same at bat high and tight, the second time actually hitting him and Donaldson took it and did nothing about it. The fact that the A's were going to retaliate themselves was inevitable, and I'm sure the back swing hitting Norris only solidified it more. Machado should have accepted it and moved on based on his own initial reactions to the tag and the fact that his team backed him up and went ahead and hit Donaldson already.

This

First he throws a hissy fit over the way Donaldson tags him out:

http://m.mlb.com/video/v33486795/?c_id=mlb

Then today he throws his bat from the batters box toward third base.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v33552351/?c_id=mlb

Be to be fair, Donaldson should be suspended for his "egregious" tag starting Monday and ending on Wednesday. ;)

wow, what a little punk. grow up, kid.

He threw a bat at a pitcher after hitting the catcher in the head with it. Handled it poorly is certainly one way to put it. And by it I assume you mean the unnecessary situation he created because he doesn't fully understand how baseball works.

maybe someone needs to give him a copy of the unwritten rules.

are you comparing a look back to the ump after a borderline ball/strike call to someone purposefully swinging a bat toward someone's head and then laughing about it?  

Nope.

Btw, Trout does more than "a look back". He complains, shakes his head and makes sour faces more than most players. The kicker is that most of the time it appears that the ump's call is correct. As for saying Machado swung a bat a someone's head and laughing about it is a stretch.