• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Morales Signs With Twins

Good, he didn't sign with an AL West team

Also good to see teams in the AL Central improve themselves. I'm a little tired of the Tigers perpetually coasting into the playoffs due to their comparatively easy schedule.

I bet he takes another 1 year qualifying offer this time.

it would be foolish for another team to offer him one at this point. IMO the Mariners got lucky with him rejecting it, $14M for one yer was quite a bit above market value for Morales at this point. 

The only thing I can think of is they intend to flip him at the trade deadline. I mean Phil Hughes looks great and the organization is on the upswing given their quality prospects but that's not looking like a team that's going to win a division or wild card birth right now and I doubt Morales is the difference.

He'll be fine financially. He's getting 9 million this year and then can sign a multi-year deal if he produces decently for 80 games or so

Terms I read on MLB Trade Rumors are $7.5M for this year (prorated $12M salary). He also won't be eligible for a qualifying offer as he was not on the team for the entire year. 

it would be foolish for another team to offer him one at this point. IMO the Mariners got lucky with him rejecting it, $14M for one yer was quite a bit above market value for Morales at this point. 

He's not eligible but GM 101 teaches you to always offer a Boras client a QO as it is essentially a free draft pick.

Now 6 for 13 with 3 doubles to start his season.  3 for 5 today with 3 RBI.

Hope he keeps it up and helps the Twins win the Central over the Tigers.

It's kind of funny, after having to come back from missing nearly two full seasons, missing a couple months had no impact on Kendrys at all.