• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Cron and 3b

I would be interested to know the thoughts of some of you who may be more familiar with his defensive abilities.  From what I understand, he has a good arm but crappy range.  Sounds like a 3b to me ! Is this a possibility ? I would certainly be good with letting him take some AB's from the great David Freese.  Of course I still remember the catastrophe that was the Mark Trumbo 3b experiment....it haunts me...... Anyway, would we be looking at a repeat of that or does he have a chance to be decent ?  Would be nice to figure out a way to consistently get his bat into the line up and see if he cant continue to develop plate discipline with every day AB's.  Plus we could potentially finally plug the black hole that is the Angel 3b.  Thoughts and comments ! ?

On an entirely different topic, Im also a pretty big advocate of trading Kendrick and letting Green try and lock down 2b.

My thoughts for the night. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

My wish is that Iannetta moves to 3rd base. He has a good accurate arm, and his movement isn't that bad either.

If he can play C/3B, we won't have to sacrifice the DH spot when one of them are injured.

I've seen Iannetta take grounders at 3B up here at Safeco Field. He looked really good.

Why do people think anyone who hits for power but can't play defense should be moved to 3rd? It's a really really important defensive position. It's not 1B. There are a ton of chances there and a lot of tough plays. Obviously if a player is good enough offensively he can make up for the shortcomings on the defensive side and still be valuable but IMO Cron has to be a .900+ OPS guy to make the defensive shortcomings worth it. I'm sure if Big Papi were on this team guys would want to stick him at 3rd.

Why do people think anyone who hits for power but can't play defense should be moved to 3rd? It's a really really important defensive position. It's not 1B. There are a ton of chances there and a lot of tough plays. Obviously if a player is good enough offensively he can make up for the shortcomings on the defensive side and still be valuable but IMO Cron has to be a .900+ OPS guy to make the defensive shortcomings worth it. I'm sure if Big Papi were on this team guys would want to stick him at 3rd.

Agreed. Cron would have to be Miguel Cabrera behind the plate to make this idea have merit, and even then I'm not so sure. Cron would be far, far worse at 3B defensively than Cabrera was. 

I second giving Ianetta a shot. I know he isn't the best catcher in the world but he is trained to react quick being a catcher and if he can throw from the dish to second from his knees, he should be able to make the throw to 1st. If Pablo Sandoval's fat ass can convert from catcher to 3rd, most catchers should be able to.