• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Info, please, from those who have lived in the IE

Adelanto is where the High A Mustangs play. It is a shithole.

It's the Mavericks.

I used to go there a lot as a kid. Funny thing, I got a signed baseball there once from Mike Piazza when he was coming up in the minors and playing for the then Bakersfield Dodgers. My dad told me to hang on to it but of course I lost it and who knows whatever happened to it.

Funny this thread comes up because I was offered a promotion in Victorville yesterday as well. The difference is, I actually lived in Apple Valley for 8 years so I already know it's a crap place to live. I would never want to live there again. If the job is worth it however, you could always live in Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga or somewhere by there. The drive up the hill isn't too incredibly bad. Only negative to that is Cajon Pass tends to get shut down a few times a year because of brush fires or bad weather. So I'd save some sick days.

That's god trying to burn it down and start over.  Don't fight it IE.

Never been there. Adelanto is SB county.

Nearest cities: Victorville, CA trn.gif (2.5 miles trn.gif), Mountain View Acres, CA (2.7 miles trn.gif), Apple Valley, CA trn.gif (3.7 miles trn.gif), Hesperia, CA trn.gif (3.7 miles trn.gif), Wrightwood, CA (4.3 miles trn.gif), Mount Baldy-Wrightwood, CA (4.6 miles trn.gif), Lake Los Angeles, CA trn.gif (4.8 miles trn.gif), Arrowhead, CA trn.gif (4.9 miles trn.gif).

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Adelanto-California.html#ixzz33u5e1vuk

You should take a day trip to scope out the Adelanto, Victorville, and Hesperia areas.  A visual look might be all you need...

There are nice areas toward the outer edges of Hesperia, but almost everywhere else in those cities has turned to crap.  Crime and unemployment are both very high.  Here's a story you'll appreciate coming from the medical profession.  I forgot to fuel up in Barstow before driving home, so I got off at the first exit in Victorville and found a gas station in the worst part of town.  As I was pumping gas I felt something rigid underneath my left sandal.  It was a @$%^% syringe with a hypodermic needle attached.

I told the cashier and a couple minutes later he came walking out in latex gloves carrying a biohazard sharps container, just like you see in hospitals.  He put the syringe in the container like it was no big deal, and as he walked back inside, I realized the sharps container was almost completely full!  Sounded like a box of Cracker Jack with every step he took.  That's all I needed to know about downtown Victorville.

You should take a day trip to scope out the Adelanto, Victorville, and Hesperia areas. A visual look might be all you need...

There are nice areas toward the outer edges of Hesperia, but almost everywhere else in those cities has turned to crap. Crime and unemployment are both very high. Here's a story you'll appreciate coming from the medical profession. I forgot to fuel up in Barstow before driving home, so I got off at the first exit in Victorville and found a gas station in the worst part of town. As I was pumping gas I felt something rigid underneath my left sandal. It was a @$%^% syringe with a hypodermic needle attached.

I told the cashier and a couple minutes later he came walking out in latex gloves carrying a biohazard sharps container, just like you see in hospitals. He put the syringe in the container like it was no big deal, and as he walked back inside, I realized the sharps container was almost completely full! Sounded like a box of Cracker Jack with every step he took. That's all I needed to know about downtown Victorville.

Maybe they're a town full of diabetics. You ever think about that one smart guy??

^this

South Rancho close to the Ontario border is a dump, but other than that it's your typical cookie cutter suburban city.

Of course if someone is raised in a mansion, then a modest house looks like a dump. It's all in how you look at it.

If someone is raised in a cardboard box, Adelanto is still a shithole.

My friends and I used to stop at the Astro Burger in Adelanto on the way up to Mammoth when we were teens. We'd usually have to shit ourselves by the time we got to Ridgecrest. 

The Santa Fe train cruises through there and makes a great target to throw your milkshakes at. It's probably the only fun you can have in terrible hell hole.