• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RIP Don Zimmer

Yeah, to be fair that one wasnt so much on pedro

My response was mainly in rebuttal to Failos going over the top accusing Pedro of doing intentional harm and how evil the Red Sox are. Zimmer managed the Red Sox for a five seasons before becoming a Yankees bench coach.

I was introduced to Zimmer during the Yankee dynasty that started in the mid 90s. Frankly I was too young to really know him in the earlier years.

He seems like a coach that became more than "just a coach." A guy who you could hang around practice and the games on the bench and just pick his brain. Not only about the game but about life as well.

Really seems like a guy that can teach you the game the right way and make you laugh about it at the same time. I never knew the guy but I can only imagine what it'd be like to play and have daily conversations with him.

As for the Pedro Martinez incident, Zimmer went Mad Dog on Martinez that was just standing around in his warm up jacket. It was a stupid move by the old man and Pedro never threw a punch. He just pushed him aside. It was classless by Zimmer to attack a player as a coach, he should have been the guy interceding not inciting. Not one of his prouder moments.

Totally agree with you.

RIP

RIP Zimmer.

The "Pedro" incident was Zims' doing, and he did man-up to it.  Pedro only protected himself.  Zimmer brought passion, knowledge, and love/respect to the game.  He is one of the iconic figures.

I hope MLB will give the man his due for the rest of this season.