• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remember When...

...things were looking up? It was just, I don't know, a week and a half ago? 27-20 on May 23, 3-7 since including 4 losses in a row (including tonight's probable loss).

And now Trout is injured for who knows how long.

And I thought we had finally gotten over the hump of the last four plus years, but no.

Bummer, dude.

You're gonna have stretches like this at some point during any season. 

They are doing everything wrong and that won't last forever.  They shown they don't need everything to go right to win. 

At some point we will see Ibanez gone, but it boils down to getting Trout healthy and getting some sort of contribution from the rest of the middle of the lineup. 

But the big thing is that the dependable SP is going thru a rough patch.  Ideally, you'd like to have your offense pick it up during those times, but alas....

They are an 87-92 win team, but they are still net negative on games they should have won that they didn't vs. ones they should have lost and didn't.  If they don't make that up, they will be on the lower end of that total. 

You're gonna have stretches like this at some point during any season. 

They are doing everything wrong and that won't last forever.  They shown they don't need everything to go right to win. 

At some point we will see Ibanez gone, but it boils down to getting Trout healthy and getting some sort of contribution from the rest of the middle of the lineup. 

But the big thing is that the dependable SP is going thru a rough patch.  Ideally, you'd like to have your offense pick it up during those times, but alas....

They are an 87-92 win team, but they are still net negative on games they should have won that they didn't vs. ones they should have lost and didn't.  If they don't make that up, they will be on the lower end of that total. 

Well said, Doc. 

Chin up, Failos! 

I keep on hoping to see Pujols get hot but unfortunately I think this is the "latter day" Pujols: a .250, 30 HR type. In other words, a run-of-the-mill first baseman.

Yep. I am now firmly in the "he is done" camp. Gonna be a long, long time before that contract runs.

Let's not forget if Pujols was playing for ANY other team he'd still be hitting. 300+ on pace for 30+ hrs. I don't think he's done as much as I think the Angels organization just completely and consistently turns good players into absolute garbage. And bad players into the worst players in baseball. It's our coaching, anyone that cant see that is too afraid to open their eyes.

Let's not forget if Pujols was playing for ANY other team he'd still be hitting. 300+ on pace for 30+ hrs. I don't think he's done as much as I think the Angels organization just completely and consistently turns good players into absolute garbage. And bad players into the worst players in baseball. It's our coaching, anyone that cant see that is too afraid to open their eyes.

Im sorry, but this is just the most ridiculous post I have seen in a while.  You really think he'd magically pick up 50 batting points if he had a "different coach" This guy is a vet how much do you really think a coach can do for Albert Pujols.  Geez.  Also, he is on pace for 30 homers.  That being said, he has been extremely disappointing.

Edited by UndertheHalo

yeah.  Albert is gonna pretty much do whatever he wants.  He's decided that it's important to prove to everyone that he's still the same guy he used to be and that would have happened anywhere. 

TISFS

...things were looking up? It was just, I don't know, a week and a half ago? 27-20 on May 23, 3-7 since including 4 losses in a row (including tonight's probable loss).

And now Trout is injured for who knows how long.

And I thought we had finally gotten over the hump of the last four plus years, but no.

Bummer, dude.

I'm still upbeat about this team but the Ibanez situation is hard to stomach.   Guess the bright side is that both Green and Cron are still on the active roster.

I'm still upbeat about this team but the Ibanez situation is hard to stomach. Guess the bright side is that both Green and Cron are still on the active roster.

I don't believe that MS is happy about playing Ibanez in the lineup. Batting him 4th or 5th was only due to injury. It made more sense to play the rooks at the bottom on the lineup for a couple of reasons. One is there's less pressure for the rooks and the other to set the table for Trout.

It's obvious his days are numbered unless he has a miraculous comeback.

It's fair to say that he's just one of the many reasons why this team is on a 4 game losing streak.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Im sorry, but this is just the most ridiculous post I have seen in a while. You really think he'd magically pick up 50 batting points if he had a "different coach" This guy is a vet how much do you really think a coach can do for Albert Pujols. Geez. Also, he is on pace for 30 homers. That being said, he has been extremely disappointing.

Sorry but you just haven't followed this team very long if you don't see the bigger picture. .50 points in average is not some insane amount, and I'd bet that most teams could get more production out of him. But this isn't even just about Pujols. It's about players coming to this team and playing much, much worse than their previous years. Like I said, you're too afraid to open your eyes. Something is seriously wrong with this organization.

Edited by SoCALkid