• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This Day in Baseball History: 1932

Lou Gehrig becomes the first player in the modern era to hit four home runs in a game. He almost had a fifth, but Al Simmons of the A's made a great catch at the wall of his 450-foot drive to dead center to rob him in his last at-bat.

Tony Lazzeri also hit for the cycle in this game, and it's the only time a natural cycle (single, double, triple, home run in that order) has been done ending in a grand slam.

Yankees beat the A's, 20-13 in Philadelphia's Shibe Park. About 5,000 were on hand.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PHA/PHA193206030.shtml

So on June 3rd, Jimmie Foxx is batting .415 with an OPS of 1.387 and 55 RBI.

Are you kidding me?!

he cooled off the rest of the way though only hitting .344 with a 1.153ops. 

Ruth was hitting .282 and ended the season at .341.  He was 37.  (I have teed this up for someone). 

he cooled off the rest of the way though only hitting .344 with a 1.153ops. 

Ruth was hitting .282 and ended the season at .341.  He was 37.  (I have teed this up for someone). 

Two years later, at age 39, Ruth finished the season with a .985 OPS.

Yeah, Foxx "cooled off the rest of the way" in 1932 but still finished with 59 HR, 151 Runs, and 169 RBI.