• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You have $25 to assemble an All Star band

False. Mercury is epic if you want a band that is playing HUGE arenas around the world. His showmanship qualities makes sense.

For my band, Mercury didn't make sense.

I caught a show they did in I think Montreal in 1977 on the TWC palladium channel (think that's it) recently and anyone who can rock a stadium that big will do just fine playing to a smaller crowd.  Not disagreeing with your reasoning but I wouldn't have any concerns about someone like him playing the local watering hole.

Mercury

Clapton

Neil Young

Flea

Ginger Baker 

**** that, I'm sticking up for my compatriots.

My group may have an overall sound that sucks, but we have chops and pretty sick instrumentals.

Granted, I could easily spend $5 on bass as the bass player list is pretty solid (Flea at $4 is tits), but when I started playing bass I have so many Wooten bass dvds and the dude is his own band and can provide more musically than just playing bass.

People always shit on or undervalue the rhythm section until they like Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Cream, Pink Floyd, and Jimi Hendrix (is Mitch Mitchell even on the list?)

My group may have an overall sound that sucks, but we have chops and pretty sick instrumentals.

Granted, I could easily spend $5 on bass as the bass player list is pretty solid (Flea at $4 is tits), but when I started playing bass I have so many Wooten bass dvds and the dude is his own band and can provide more musically than just playing bass.

People always shit on or undervalue the rhythm section until they like Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Cream, Pink Floyd, and Jimi Hendrix (is Mitch Mitchell even on the list?)

Mitch Mitchell absolutely kills on If 6 was 9.

He's nowhere near Victor Wooten, or JPJ, or Mitch Mitchell, but In a fantasy world I'd love to see Tim Commerford and Jimi Hendrix play together.

I know it's hard to choose 10 people for a list, but I think Josh Freese really needs to be on the drummer one.

Thank you. I was leaving off a drummer and it was him.

People dig the artists of bands they like, but session musicians are aces. Josh is up there for me. Guys that can do anything from The Vandals to Devo to Weezer are amazing. Another session drummer I dig is Shannon Larkin. He has played percussion for artists like Godsmack, Glassjaw, and Black Sabbath, among others.

He's nowhere near Victor Wooten, or JPJ, or Mitch Mitchell, but In a fantasy world I'd love to see Tim Commerford and Jimi Hendrix play together.

Would be interesting. I'm not even a big RATM guy, but hearing the bass line he digs up is pretty humbling.

One of the reasons I "paid" the money for Wooten is guys that can pick, finger, and slap have such an advantage over your run of the mill bassists. I've seen him even tap like a guitarist and it really makes you think anything is possible with just a bass.

Thank you. I was leaving off a drummer and it was him.

People dig the artists of bands they like, but session musicians are aces. Josh is up there for me. Guys that can do anything from The Vandals to Devo to Weezer are amazing. Another session drummer I dig is Shannon Larkin. He has played percussion for artists like Godsmack, Glassjaw, and Black Sabbath, among others.

I've always thought Josh Freese is awesome. Haven't thought about his drumming in a long time.

Let's see what HaloMichaelBolton has to say.  Can't wait!

I'll take Clapton ($4, ridiculous deal), Richards ($8, that is a premium for maybe the greatest rhythm guitarist of all time), Baker ($1, again huge deal), John Paul Jones ($1, keeping with the bargain theme), Robert Plant ($8, prefer him to Mercury, especially since I plan for this band to play the blues).  That leaves me $2 for Paul McCartney as my utility man (keys, bass, acoustic/electric, lead/harmony vocals, and #1 songwriting).  I would pay to see that lineup!

Edited by HaloMichaelBolton

Yeesh all the Mayer and Flea love scares me.

Freese is a great one to bring up, should definitely be on this list.

I think Grohl is listed as a drummer instead of front man because he is regarded as one of the best rock drummers ever.  He has drummed for some huge groups, not just the modern ones.  As a frontman, not everyone is as big on the Foo Fighters so I can see leaving him off of the frontman list.

Schil, how dare you disparage the bass.  You never realize how important the bass sound is until you take it out of the band.

I think Matt Freeman should have been included in the Bass player list.  He did mostly punk and ska but so did Claypool.  Freeman is one of the best I have ever heard.

I would rather have my eardrums drilled out than listen to screamo.

Nirvana was a band of average musicians but Grohl is not one of them.  He has drummed for FF, QOTS, Tom Petty, NIN, Paul McCartney, and many more.

By the way...

The Who

Queen

Beatles

Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

Ozzy/Sabbath

etc

Are legendary bands that IMO are better than just about anything made in the last 30 years.  You just don't get the mix of song writing, musical ability, longevity and performance.  Not even close.  Now you just have a bunch of jaggoffs making music on a laptop where half the sounds don't even resemble an instrument.  They have a couple radio hits then disappear because they lack creativity.