• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Honest question about scouting reports

Why is the same trend happening this year?

I struggle with that too, but can you think of any alternative explanation? I was thinking maybe it could be psychological or laziness on the part of the players.

Doesn't make sense that a team can go 46-40 against teams they rarely play (meaning they are talented or well prepared, or both), but then get destroyed 32-44 by teams they play all the time. I get it, that was last year, but the trend is continuing into this year...

A lot of our must be psychological. This is the second year in a row the angels are DFL in clutch statsfor MLB. 6-42 with the bases loaded( by far the highest number of at bats with bases loaded by the way). That is a lower average than what Raul Ibanez has posted for the last full calendar year.

That's all? 10-15 minutes?

How can they cover the opposing starter and three or four likely relievers in that short of time?

because there is probably not much to say.

How long would it take to break down an individual pitcher? He throws 'x' and varies between this speed and this. He likes to 'x', but when he gets behind he tends to 'x'. Against lefties he 'x'.

Its not like nasa engineers could predict what exactly hes going to throw. And even if they could tell you mo rivera WILL throw the cutter....again, whats really to talk about?

A's are currently the best team in the league. Their run differential is +119. The 2nd closest team is the Giants with +59. I guess the A's are the only team scouting in the league...

Angels played solid ball then had a horrid 3 games against the A's. Now all of a sudden they aren't scouting?? How about just give the A's credit for beating all teams they come across. This isn't about scouting.

A's are currently the best team in the league. Their run differential is +119. The 2nd closest team is the Giants with +59. I guess the A's are the only team scouting in the league...

Angels played solid ball then had a horrid 3 games against the A's. Now all of a sudden they aren't scouting?? How about just give the A's credit for beating all teams they come across. This isn't about scouting.

Who said they aren't scouting?  I never said or even implied that. 

My original question was how much time the team spends reviewing the information supplied to them. 

How long do the Angels study or discuss scouting reports before games?  Five minutes?  Not at all sometimes? 

This is nothing new of course.  Angels' hitters have been unprepared at the plate for many years. 

Who said they aren't scouting?  I never said or even implied that. 

My original question was how much time the team spends reviewing the information supplied to them. 

So it was a coincidence you criticized the Angels scouting right after the Angels get swept by the A's? You didn't imply it, you flat out accused it.

So it was a coincidence you criticized the Angels scouting right after the Angels get swept by the A's? You didn't imply it, you flat out accused it.

Being unprepared doesn't mean the scouting itself is poor.  The players might dismiss the data provided to them.  When they started providing new data to the players this year, Howie Kendrick flat out said he didn't want to be "burdened" by analyzing it. 

Edited by mp170.6

I didn't get that feeling at all. I thought it was pretty obvious he was honestly searching for answers as to why this team sucks so bad at situational hitting. I'd like to know myself.

No,that's not what he was asking.