• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One U.S. Soldier traded for FIVE high ranking Taliban prisoners

http://theweek.com/article/index/262536/how-obama-needlessly-bungled-the-case-of-bowe-bergdahl#axzz33aITSoZz

Had Obama and the White House followed protocol, engaged Congress on the swap, and stuck with the core principle of bringing back captured Americans no matter how they ended up in enemy hands, they would have avoided much of the controversy. Instead, they once again exhibited arrogance toward Congress and tried finessing the narrative in a way that could not possibly stand up to scrutiny. The administration ended up with egg on its face, looking both incompetent and dishonest rather than torn on a legitimately tough call.

That explanation would probably suffice for most Americans. Unfortunately, the White House tried to rewrite history. Susan Rice, who infamously fronted the false narrative on the Benghazi attack, appeared on ABC's This Week and arguably did it again. When George Stephanopoulos pressed her on the lopsided trade in the context of his apparent desertion, Rice instead insisted that Berghdahl had "served the United States with honor and distinction."

Oh boy, here comes a Congressional hearing.

http://theweek.com/article/index/262536/how-obama-needlessly-bungled-the-case-of-bowe-bergdahl#axzz33aITSoZz

Had Obama and the White House followed protocol, engaged Congress on the swap, and stuck with the core principle of bringing back captured Americans no matter how they ended up in enemy hands, they would have avoided much of the controversy. Instead, they once again exhibited arrogance toward Congress and tried finessing the narrative in a way that could not possibly stand up to scrutiny. The administration ended up with egg on its face, looking both incompetent and dishonest rather than torn on a legitimately tough call.

Yeah, this Congress has been really cooperative. No doubt they would have rallied behind the President to bring a former soldier home.

When they do the ticker tape parade  to honor this hero I want to be there to toss uhh rose petals.  Pondering how he got promoted from Private to Sgt during his adventure.  If they don't court martial him he'll get 5 years back pay at the new rate.  With that 5 years of training with our enemy this guy could do a lot of damage.

I thought we were at war with Mooslims. This is as confusing as two women, Condoleeza and Susan, both having the same last name and making up shit for two different presidents.

Edited by Eric Notti

Like I said that magazine is a joke.

People go to the White House and proclaim Jesus every day.  Conservative xenophobia at its best.

The quote jshep posted is ridiculously stupid, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't fan's point.  It is the connection between his possible desertion and how that may tie into his dad's beliefs.  I'm sure if a miltant Christian was under suspician his parent going and quoting scripture wouldn't be held to be in good taste either.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the possibility of implanting these 5 prisoners with RFID chips.  They could've easily put those guys to sleep and done the procedure without their knowledge.

My guess; it's only matter of time before all these guys are tracked down and killed.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the possibility of implanting these 5 prisoners with RFID chips. They could've easily put those guys to sleep and done the procedure without their knowledge.

My guess; it's only matter of time before all these guys are tracked down and killed.

I could see the US government tracking them down but I don't know if they'd kill them. It would hamper future negotiations with the Taliban.