• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ugly, but relax

i doubt we win the division anyway. A's are a great team. I'm fine playing the wild card game after the disgraceful play we've seen the last 4 years.

It's a close race and the ASB is still weeks away.

Even with what happened on the mound at the start of the game tonight I like the chances of the Halos winning the division.

2.5 behind on May 31. The World Is Coming To An End

I agree with the statement about Richards and just being an ugly outing. It really sucks though because it's against the a's. They are a better team than the angels and we cannot afford to get behind too many games

I was at the game last night. After the first inning I did relax. I knew it was over so I just enjoyed being at the park and joking with the A's fans. What disturbed me though was watching Pujols. I don't get to see him play in person much. He looks pathetic. He runs worse than Bengie Molina, he looks fat and old. I can't believe he is only 34. We are stuck with a player who has gone from a great asset to a big liability in 3 years. If he continues to bat in the 3 or 4 position it will doom us.

Donaldson's tied with Trout in fWAR, leading the AL.

My only concern is that Richards has been rather rocky of late with an ERA of 7.98 over his last three starts. His prior start was pretty good but not great (3.86 ERA) and his start before was also quite poor (6.43 ERA), so the lustre on his armor is starting to dull a bit. Hopefully this is just learning pains. I'd be happy if he can keep his ERA under 3.50 for the season - with his stuff there's really no reason why he shouldn't be able to do so.

I was at the game last night. After the first inning I did relax. I knew it was over so I just enjoyed being at the park and joking with the A's fans. What disturbed me though was watching Pujols. I don't get to see him play in person much. He looks pathetic. He runs worse than Bengie Molina, he looks fat and old. I can't believe he is only 34. We are stuck with a player who has gone from a great asset to a big liability in 3 years. If he continues to bat in the 3 or 4 position it will doom us.

This also disturbs me.  In his early 30's over two years he went from being one of the most feared hitters in the game to an average guy with some power.  Compared to the feared Pujols, he looks over weight and out of shape and is morphing into a GIDP machine.  I know it's been brought up but It just may be possible he isn't 34 years old.  

This also disturbs me. In his early 30's over two years he went from being one of the most feared hitters in the game to an average guy with some power. Compared to the feared Pujols, he looks over weight and out of shape and is morphing into a GIDP machine. I know it's been brought up but It just may be possible he isn't 34 years old.

The level of play Pujols is at now it's what I was expecting in year six or seven of the deal. Worst contract in baseball at this point by far. Even if Hamilton (who I expect to outperform Pujols for the next three years) were to never play another game again that would still be a less damaging deal to the team.

We could have even pulled off a win in last night's game if Pujols had performed at a decent level instead of killing more than one rally

I agree with the statement about Richards and just being an ugly outing. It really sucks though because it's against the a's. They are a better team than the angels and we cannot afford to get behind too many games

i would contest that if the a's are truely a better team than the angels, then it doesn't matter. we won't win the division, and thus an interdivision game is just a game. not saying this is even the end of the world- i think its entirely possible that this is true, and we will still end up with the second best record in baseball and EASILY make wild card. but, in that case, this is still just another game.