• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Camo Unis

I like the Camo uni's when the Padres wear them.  Because they are wearing them out of respect regarding San Diego's history with the military.  Mainly the Marines and Navy.  

But this is similar to why I hate Jackie Robinson day in the MLB.  It's not because I hate JR or his accomplishments.  It's that by letting everyone use it, the MLB to me, just made something unique, into something generic and common.  They should allow only those that won the Jackie Robinson award to wear it on Jackie Robinson day.  Letting everyone wear it, just says I don't care enough to recognize the excelence (yeah I know it's misspelled and I have no idea how to spell it) that is embodied in players that embodies what we are actually celebrating.  

I say the same should be done on those Military type days.  Either the home team that is celebrating a local military should wear them, like San Diego or even Boston on Patriots day.  Or individual players that have either served, or have a parent that served should wear the special uni's.  

Because if you do that, then those uni's are much more meaningful.  And ugly or not, you have to respect the guy wearing it.

Excelence post.

I like the Camo uni's when the Padres wear them.  Because they are wearing them out of respect regarding San Diego's history with the military.  Mainly the Marines and Navy.  

But this is similar to why I hate Jackie Robinson day in the MLB.  It's not because I hate JR or his accomplishments.  It's that by letting everyone use it, the MLB to me, just made something unique, into something generic and common.  They should allow only those that won the Jackie Robinson award to wear it on Jackie Robinson day.  Letting everyone wear it, just says I don't care enough to recognize the excelence (yeah I know it's misspelled and I have no idea how to spell it) that is embodied in players that embodies what we are actually celebrating.  

I say the same should be done on those Military type days.  Either the home team that is celebrating a local military should wear them, like San Diego or even Boston on Patriots day.  Or individual players that have either served, or have a parent that served should wear the special uni's.  

Because if you do that, then those uni's are much more meaningful.  And ugly or not, you have to respect the guy wearing it.

Who cares. It's not like they are wearing Home Depot ads.

Why do you hate Jackie Robinson and all African American baseball players?

are you familiar with the jackie robinson story about when he had received a credible death threat and the team was in the clubhouse trying to decide how to handle it? the story goes that they were debating whether or not to let jackie play, and a player whose name i don't remember suggested they all wear 42, completely ignorant to the fact that jackie might still be somehow easily identified.

the idea of everybody wearing 42 today is a symbol of unity, in that somehow a black man would be indistinguishable from the other players on the field.

it's not a trite ceremony.

I didn't think the camo looked very good on the uniforms but it stands for something meaningful so I'm ok with it.

I don't like the pink stuff either but whatever at least I don't have to wear it.

I disagree.  It doesn't 'stand for anything meaningful', IMO.  Its pandering.  And a chance for MLB to sell more product.

http://shop.mlb.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=21506046