• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Camo Unis

They blow.  They are ugly - really, really ugly.  They walk that fine line between patriotism and pandering.  Did I say they are fugly?  What the heck do they do with Toronto?

Most of the 30 MLB uniforms are attractive (I'm not talking to you, Miami).  Wear those.  Don't do this silly camo stuff.

To paraphrase a not-famous message board poster: Stop it, MLB.  Just stop it.

Miami has sweet uniforms so I don't know what you're talking about.

Best uniforms in baseball in no particular order:

Giant and Phillies cream jerseys

Black Pirates jerseys

Old school looking Cub road jerseys

Met pinstripes

All old school jerseys.

Everything else is plain and pretty boring IMO

Black Pirates jerseys

Met pinstripes

All old school jerseys.

Those Ducks football atrocities have skewed your vision.

Did anyone else think the thread title was a Latin phrase someone just made up?

I kind of like the white and light camo ones the Braves had on.

I have no problem with camo stuff or pink stuff sports do to promote good causes. If they just did something lame like the NBA doing nickname jerseys, then that would be weak.

It's a couple days out of a very long season.

the thing that i look for in a jersey is history. i love the idea of a player today being able to step into a photo of players from any era of the franchise. it gives meaning and context to wearing the uniform. i hate all of the dark blue uniforms that look the same. in contrast to most of what i said, i do like the marlins uniforms, especially the black hat. i own one myself.

Black Pirates jerseys

Met pinstripes

All old school jerseys.

I've become fond of the red jerseys the Braves wear on Sundays. Unlike the Angels' red jerseys, the team name, player names and numbers are contrasting colors - which the lack thereof is my main peeve with the Angels' red jerseys (same thing with the A on the cap).

They blow.  They are ugly - really, really ugly.  They walk that fine line between patriotism and pandering.  Did I say they are fugly?  What the heck do they do with Toronto?

Most of the 30 MLB uniforms are attractive (I'm not talking to you, Miami).  Wear those.  Don't do this silly camo stuff.

To paraphrase a not-famous message board poster: Stop it, MLB.  Just stop it.

I like posts like this because it keeps me in check when I want to start yelling at clouds...it shows me how ridiculous and sad it is.

I didn't think the camo looked very good on the uniforms but it stands for something meaningful so I'm ok with it.

I don't like the pink stuff either but whatever at least I don't have to wear it.

I like the Camo uni's when the Padres wear them.  Because they are wearing them out of respect regarding San Diego's history with the military.  Mainly the Marines and Navy.  

But this is similar to why I hate Jackie Robinson day in the MLB.  It's not because I hate JR or his accomplishments.  It's that by letting everyone use it, the MLB to me, just made something unique, into something generic and common.  They should allow only those that won the Jackie Robinson award to wear it on Jackie Robinson day.  Letting everyone wear it, just says I don't care enough to recognize the excelence (yeah I know it's misspelled and I have no idea how to spell it) that is embodied in players that embodies what we are actually celebrating.  

I say the same should be done on those Military type days.  Either the home team that is celebrating a local military should wear them, like San Diego or even Boston on Patriots day.  Or individual players that have either served, or have a parent that served should wear the special uni's.  

Because if you do that, then those uni's are much more meaningful.  And ugly or not, you have to respect the guy wearing it.