• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taking Angels record with a grain of salt?

Do you even have a point? Or are you just trolling?

I made my point in my first post. My point being it is too early to panic about divisional records. I struggle with looking at three series this year and assuming the rest of the season will be a failure. We are 1-2 against the Rangers and the A's and we got blown the **** out in the first series against Seattle. We have won both series against the Astros, we split the second series against the Mariners. We are currently down 0--1 in this series against them with three to go, so more than likely we will have to play well to split. Just because we disagree doesn't mean I'm trolling this thread.

The Angels' record against Texas, Seattle, and Oakland so far is as meaningful and important as their record against Tampa, Toronto, and Cleveland.  Like their record in one run games a few weeks ago, it is a fluke.  They likely won't continue to win only 25% of their games against those AL West teams... or win 82% of their games against the other three teams.  

Ok, so if the Angels finish with 90+ wins and a losing record in division and the A's finish with 89 wins and a winning record in division does it really matter?

No, I just think the likelihood of coming out ahead in the division with a losing record against the AL West is highly unlikely. I'll take the division either way, but I wish we could beat the mother effing teams we play 60 times a year

• 2 weeks later...