• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Induction Cooktop

Spencer

I have seen the television ads for the small portable ones, and the implication is that ranges that have induction cooktops cost thousands of dollars.

Here is a New York Times article on the pros and cons of induction cooking. 

As a quick price check, I went to the Lowe's website and found seven induction ranges. The least expensive start at just under $2K, and they top out at over $5K.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Anybody have one?

I'm remodeling a condo where I'll be stuck using an electric range, and I can't stand electric burners.

I don't have a clue what to look for, specs-wise.

Out of curiosity, why don't you like electric burners? 

Out of curiosity, why don't you like electric burners? 

They are awful.  Had to live with electric in Fresno for three years.  Had two different ranges, one being an expensive high end model and they were crap.  Gas cooks much more evenly and seems much easier to adjust temp up or down quickly and at better increments.

I've used both gas and electric ranges. Takes getting used to using electric burners adjustment wise. I prefer a gas oven w/broiler tho. If you want convection oven I believe that is only electric. 2 family members have the gas cooktop and built in convection double ovens. Ooh la la.

I've used both gas and electric ranges. Takes getting used to using electric burners adjustment wise. I prefer a gas oven w/broiler tho. If you want convection oven I believe that is only electric. 2 family members have the gas cooktop and built in convection double ovens. Ooh la la.

I am designing my new kitchen now and have been thinking about double ovens.

we use one all the time but i just cant see a reason where i would ever use two ovens.

maybe for people with kids or something, would make sense.

what i did require though - was a built-in wine cabinet.

om nom nom.

http://www.thermador.com/refrigeration/wine-refrigerators/t24iw800sp-24-inch-builtin-wine-preservation-column

http://www.subzero-wolf.com/wine-cooler/427-wine-storage