• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wade LeBlanc Promoted

I'm not at the park today, but a few things I can assume....

The Angels, I believe, had an open 40-man spot when Josh Wall got claimed.

They needed someone who could pitch 3-4 innings if things go South today the pen is spent. LeBlanc was pitching the best down there. I assume he's there to sit in the bullpen today. If he's not needed (and he probably won't be, because Garrett Richards is facing the poor-hitting Royals), then LeBlanc can start Thursday.

If LeBlanc is needed for 1-2 innings, he can probably still start on Thursday.

If he's needed for 3 or more (highly unlikely, the Royals), then Santiago can simply be scratched from tonight's start for SLC or he can just pitch an inning or two, so he can start Thursday.

If LeBlanc starts Thursday, by the time his spot comes up again they'd have a choice of him, Santiago or Shoemaker.

2 ER in 20 innings is pretty good for the PCL, much better than Shoemaker had done, so I wouldn't be stressed about this.

Interesting. I hope Shoemaker gets recalled as soon as he can, though I suspect they will likely give Santiago another shop. Shoemaker pitched great his last few starts and should have won yesterday if not for a few outfield errors. That said, I definitely understand the need to bring up bullpen help by sending down one of the few players who still has options remaining. 

It looks like Jep and Salas have found serviceable roles in the pen, at least for now. Salas seems absolutely incapable of a clean inning but has managed to give a scoreless one most of the time. Jepsen and Kohn both seem to either have it or not and on the have it occasions they've been pretty good.