• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Erick Aybar

Wally, honestly how many threads are complimentary as opposed to nit picking flaws? You will just have to bite your tongue and deal with the one in ten threads that are giving a guy you don't like some props.

point taken, Eric.  Not trying to piss on a parade just for the fun of it.  Just looking forward to a "DFA Aybar!!" thread next time he goes into a slump and gets thrown out by 15 feet trying to stretch a single into a triple.  :P

Not trying to pick a fight here, but there seems to be an awful lot of gloating because he had a great game last night.  Whenever someone posts a "trade player X" thread after they have a bad game, they're always roundly (and rightly) mocked.  That steal last night was fantastic and incredibly heads-up.  But are you guys saying he doesn't make a lot of blunders on the basepaths as well?  Or that he's generally a great base-stealer (he's 4-7 in SB attempts this year).  Again, I get that I'm in the minority in not liking Aybar's game, but don't gloat over one night/one play because it supports your point.

it's not gloating over him having one exceptional night that's out of the norm, though.   You're implying he's a bad baserunner but he's not, he's well above average.  He has a 16.6 UBR for his career, and his 3.2 last year was 21st in all of baseball.  

Because he makes slides like this:  http://m.mlb.com/video/v33106065/kclaa-aybar-beats-throw-home-on-cowgills-single/?query=aybar

and heads up plays like this:  http://m.mlb.com/video/v32977363/tblaa-green-drills-rbi-single-to-wall-in-left/?query=aybar

Every player makes an occasional mistake on the basepaths.  It sounds like when you see them from Aybar it's just feeding your confirmation bias.  

point taken, Eric. Not trying to piss on a parade just for the fun of it. Just looking forward to a "DFA Aybar!!" thread next time he goes into a slump and gets thrown out by 15 feet trying to stretch a single into a triple. :P

And that thread, like this one will have the Aybar dance which never fails to crack me up.

this is exactly what I was getting at when I posted yesterday about him consistently catching the other team napping and getting away with little league type stunts. Thats what makes him so entertaining

Aybar was the MVP of yesterday's game.

So does the above story mean that when he was flacid, he still filled up a hot dog bun?

Geez, I like him even more now. Its always the guys with braces!!

I suppose there's a reason why of all teams it was the Oakland A's who ended up trading for him...