• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

7 dead in drive-by shooting near UC Santa Barbara

Statistically speaking, the more guns that are out there, the more accidental shootings will increase. While the pro-gun supporters will quickly jump on every CCW shooting that prevented a bigger tragedy, anti-gun folks will just as quickly jump on every accidental shooting or every vigilante action that goes south.

I worry about the hotheads on the fwys.

Dead on man. I understand that some people like the idea of having a weapon on them, but the chances of an accidental discharge are way higher than the chances of running into a situation where you need it to defend your life.

"If both of your 'Mr Patriots' assessed the threat at the same time... "

"Probably reasonable enough..."

"Some people train enough... "

"Most people who legally-carry..."

If, probably, some, most. Cool.

IF one of these Mr. Patriots is an untrained idiot he will PROBABLY accidentally kill SOME innocent people. I bet MOST people don't want to be murdered by some moron who completely misinterpreted a situation.

You say that people who legally-carry are mostly responsible. I agree. Currently. What happens when the number of CCWs increases significantly? Do you believe all of those people will have the same level of responsibility? I think most people who are against CCWs for the general public understand most of those who currently have licenses are responsible. They just worry what will happen when the flood gates open.

Agreed, but your comment is a bit general.  Who can say for sure that a CCW-holder will not be the next mass-murderer?  No one.  Those red-flags will probably be missed too.  There are no guarantees, except that most of these suspects choose "soft-targets."

But, just because more permits are being issued doesn't change the qualification process.  

Untrained idiots kill tens of thousands in cars every year. What's the difference? People will kill each other with cotton balls if that's all they have. When it comes to not dying at the hands of others personal protection trumps any attempt to regulate the behavior of the masses.

Untrained idiots kill tens of thousands in cars every year. What's the difference? People will kill each other with cotton balls if that's all they have. When it comes to not dying at the hands of others personal protection trumps any attempt to regulate the behavior of the masses.

i think there's a world of difference between pulling out a gun and deliberately taking aim at someone vs. having a car accident and someone accidently dies.