• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

7 dead in drive-by shooting near UC Santa Barbara

I can't wait for the media to use this as an excuse.

I agree with what you're saying. Pro gun rights people will run with this story. However the anti-gun lobby will use this for their agenda and maybe rightfully so.

Let's not forget that three people, from what I have read and assuming it's still current, we're stabbed to death. That part will be overshadowed though by those that were shot and killed and I wouldn't be surprised if it was spun to make it seem like all were killed by guns. Both sides are disingenuous and nothing will be solved. In the end, innocent people are dead and it doesn't matter how they died. It sucks just the same.

I post on the bodybuilding forum that he recently just started posting on. Everybody thought he was a troll (the section is called the misc, everybody there just shoots shit about everything, a lot of 4channers/redditors/manosphere guys from different forums pollute this section and don't even lift). He became a mini celebrity on there for a couple of weeks, the live thread during the police scanner was intense. We knew he did it before the police did, the bmw/location/personality/video and skin color confirmed it.

they called the cops.

cops interview him, said he came off as a perfect angel.

creepy.

Yeah, they went to interview him and it seems like he charmed them..  I heard from somewhere that he was very nervous and knew he had gotten lucky that they didn't search his place (they would've found his weapons and plans/manifesto).  I hope something is missing from this, because if it's true they really blew it.

I only suffered through half of his video rant, because he kept talking about not getting laid (I will force myself to watch the whole thing, as well as read all his garbage for insight later this week tho).  He seems to be a classic case of the bullied-kid who felt a sense of entitlement.

Worthless tragedy.  Condolences to the victims, families, and community up there.

Here's an interesting article someone posted on facebook.  I realize the story originated from 'ammoland', but if true, it's something that needs to be pushed into the spotlight by the media.

"The overwhelming evidence suggests the single largest common factor in all of these incidents is that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes."

http://libertycrier.com/nearly-every-mass-shooting-last-20-years-shares-one-thing-common-weapons/#8x1TKY3QbeTvg9S8.01

you have to wonder how much of his loneliness was self-inflicted. just because you want a girlfriend doesn't mean some hottie is going to come knocking on your door and jump your bones. you have to work on your own social skills, and if this guy's end game was just to get laid, he probably alienated an awful lot of girls by coming on too strong or making it known he just wanted to jump them without doing the footwork necessary to establish some kind of report with them first. as stickboy well knows, you can't just walk up to some chick and ask her back to your place and then expect she'll say yes.

that's on him, not the girls. 

you have to wonder how much of his loneliness was self-inflicted. just because you want a girlfriend doesn't mean some hottie is going to come knocking on your door and jump your bones. you have to work on your own social skills, and if this guy's end game was just to get laid, he probably alienated an awful lot of girls by coming on too strong or making it known he just wanted to jump them without doing the footwork necessary to establish some kind of report with them first. as stickboy well knows, you can't just walk up to some chick and ask her back to your place and then expect she'll say yes.

that's on him, not the girls.

Yep. It's not like he was repulsively ugly or anything. The dude just lacked an ability to connect with people socially. I had a buddy in college that was about 6'1", 290, and he got laid all the time. Why? Because he was just a fun guy to be around in almost any setting. Some people are born with an ability to do that, some have to work to get there, and some just can't do it. Unfortunately, this dude in Santa Barbara was in the third camp. You add that to all of his other mental problems then mix in access to weapons, and well...

The guy wrote a 140 page manifesto. It seems like all these crazies have manifestos. If we could just pass a gun control bill that kept people who have written manifestos from getting guns all these tragedies would be avoided.

Except for the 3 people he stabbed to death and the skateboarder he hit with his car (he got lucky). 

I've taught one kid with aspergers, and thi shooter was ten times more together vocally and in his mannerisms in the video. I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I'd be very surprised if this shooter had aspergers. I'd also be very surprised that the dmv would give him a license. The kid I taught wasn't anywhere close to having the necessary skills required to drive a car.

But 4 people could have been saved.

I love the anti-gun protesters. Take all the guns off the streets and this would have never happened. If a person wants to kill people, they will find a way to kill people. Obviously you see he stabbed 3 people to death. He used his car and I'm sure had he not had a gun he would have used another option(maybe a homemade bomb?) With your style of argument one could argue had he not had access to a gun, he may have built a bomb and killed even more than 4. Get it? Got it? Good.

But 4 people could have been saved.

An armed citizen could have limited his carnage too. These types of evil and violent acts reaffirms my belief that we should be able to defend ourselves if we happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The cops are powerless to do anything to stop these incidents.

I love the anti-gun protesters. Take all the guns off the streets and this would have never happened. If a person wants to kill people, they will find a way to kill people. Obviously you see he stabbed 3 people to death. He used his car and I'm sure had he not had a gun he would have used another option(maybe a homemade bomb?) With your style of argument one could argue had he not had access to a gun, he may have built a bomb and killed even more than 4. Get it? Got it? Good.

They won't get it.  Fix the Psych-eval and family systems; banning guns is not the answer.

An armed citizen could have limited his carnage too. These types of evil and violent acts reaffirms my belief that we should be able to defend ourselves if we happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The cops are powerless to do anything to stop these incidents.

I wouldn't say "powerless," but it is an extra burden on Police that most Officers simply aren't trained enough to deal with.  In our Department (and most 'progressive'/large Agencies, we have a "Mental Evaluation Team" that pairs a Psych-Doctor with a trained Officer.  One of these teams would probably dug deeper, and possibly discovered this guys' plan.

I've heard that he looked at the Schools' Mardi-Gras week first, but decided that there would be too much armed Police/Security presence.  

CCW permits are now being issued again in California, btw.

An armed citizen could have limited his carnage too. These types of evil and violent acts reaffirms my belief that we should be able to defend ourselves if we happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The cops are powerless to do anything to stop these incidents.

We should make laws mandating all adults carrying hand guns.

CCW permits are now being issued again in California, btw.

On the topic of CCW and AnS's citizens should be armed comment...

Let's say there's guy we'll call "Patriot" around the corner minding his own business with a hand gun on his side. He hears shots being fired, runs over there and sees this kid doing what he's doing to innocent people. If "Patriot" pulls out his gun and enacts "justice" on the kid killing him with his own gun, would he get off scott free? would he get thrown in jail? if people find out that he was carrying a weapon and didn't do anything to the kid because he was too scared would he get criticized by the public if they found out.

Those are the questions I would have with people carrying a concealed weapon.

Edited by TobiasFunke

i love the pro-gun supporters. "well, he would have killed him with anything handy, so we should go ahead and allow guns anyway."

i love the pro-gun supporters. "well, he would have killed him with anything handy, so we should go ahead and allow guns anyway."

I'll jump in here and say that I find myself somewhere in the middle. Obviously, this guy shouldn't have had access to firearms given his mental state. Unfortunately, we don't have a system that guards against that very well, if at all. I would love to see one enacted, though its proper application and effectiveness almost certainly wouldn't be perfect. I'd also like to see a ban on the sale of high capacity magazines and ammunition intended to maim. I don't give a shit what you use your weapon for, the idea that you need more than 8 rounds in any application short of trench warfare is absurd. And as for the maiming rounds being needed for home defense, I call bullshit there as well. Self defense does not mean killing another person, it means stopping them. Good shots with any FMJ round excluding .22 and .380 should do that every time.

On to the other side of my argument. I'm not anti-gun. I believe that law-abiding, mentally stable people should be able to own reasonable weapons for hunting, self defense, and target shooting. I also believe that a ban on guns in general is entirely impractical for three reasons: First, there are just way too many of them already in circulation throughout the country. Good luck collecting them. Second, they're thoroughly engrained in American culture. And third, there are places in this country where people do truly need them (i.e. the rural Northwest).

So yeah, that's my rant. Let's keep the guns, but let's also make a real effort not to let crazy people have them, and let's try to reduce the amount of harm they can do to humans.