• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yankees release Juan Rivera

He was playing first base in the spring, and the Yankees decided Overbay would be better defensively, since they weren't expecting much offense from either guy.

Funniest thing is that Ichiro left Seattle to get rid of crap ball.  He's going to be watching a lot of crap ball in NY this year.

WOW. Rivera went from the odds-on starter because of injuries to Granderson to off the roster in a matter of three weeks.

And, yes, he has lost his job TWICE now to Vernon Wells.......what a nightmare for all concerned -- Rivera for falling this fast, this quick, for losing his job a second time to WELLS! and to the Yankees for even being in this predicament......what a total disaster.

That being said, Rivera had some clutch hits and even some clutch HRs for the Halos during his time in Anaheim -- but after having decent stats in Montreal (geez, that's like recalling a dead language or something) I never realized until Rivera got to the Halos how SLOW he was a-foot and as an OF'er.........He's not that heavy but he runs like a power hitter LF who can't really play the field -- he's that LF'er with the same level (that is lack of) of speed and so-so power -- 20 HRs per season if he plays full time.

He will catch on somewhere -- but he's really an AL DH type now. I wouldn't have him playing D in my outfield and he's MR. GIDP so I wouldn't bat him anywhere close to the top of the line-up. Maybe 6th or 7th.