• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Friday Night Shenanigans

Busy night, by DR standards:  Went down to my mom's house where I met my friend who was house and cat sitting for my mom.  He worked from there today so he was around all day.  He had a couple nice cameras out to take pictures of the out of doors. 

But before meeting up with him, I spent an hour on the life cycle at the gym.  Gym owner said she wanted to measure my body fat.  Hmmmmm....

My friend had a couple laptops going (he's a software analyst/manager or something like that for a giant company) and I immediately put him to work fixing some problems with my laptop.  Being a computer expert is a bit like having a truck when someone needs help moving.

While he was being a computer nerd, I messed around with said friend's cameras.  One has a brilliant lense which can get some pretty good details of places like the moon.  The other camera is a DSLR which has an amazing ability to capture several frames in quick succession and composite them to produce one brilliant photo. 

After some computer tap dancing, we went to dinner at the Spaghetti Bender.  Pretty good.  I ordered the soup and salad, both of which are 'bottomless' and I ate like a mofo.

When I got home, the cat was pretty pissed I was gone so long.  So I gave her an extra dab of tuna. 

Now I'm having trouble logging on to the new site with IE.  But firefox is proving more than able to handle the task, which of course is allowing me to give you all the important Friday night update. 

Was hoping you might work some hipster donuts into your night

No hipster donuts for DR, but I've been thinking of a particular donut all week:   There's a little donut place in Newport, just off of PCH near Superior.  They have this 'donut' that is entirely dipped in a thick chocolate covering.  I mean, it's really gobbed on there and it is insane.  It's more like a little cake in the shape of a donut.  One of those donuts where you try to be good and you tell yourself, 'yeah, I'll just have a quarter of that.  Maybe a half at most.'  But you kill the whole thing in a couple of minutes. 

No hipster donuts for DR, but I've been thinking of a particular donut all week:   There's a little donut place in Newport, just off of PCH near Superior.  They have this 'donut' that is entirely dipped in a thick chocolate covering.  I mean, it's really gobbed on there and it is insane.  It's more like a little cake in the shape of a donut.  One of those donuts where you try to be good and you tell yourself, 'yeah, I'll just have a quarter of that.  Maybe a half at most.'  But you kill the whole thing in a couple of minutes. 

Where is this?   I used to live in Newport and go there frequently.

Have you had that Blueberry donut from that place in Anaheim?   It's damn tasty!

Said donut shop is next to Chronic Tacos at that shopping center with Jack in the Box on the corner.  They usually have the donuts I'm talking about on the far left of the display cases.  Get the one that is entirely DIPPED in chocolate.  Not the ones that are topped with chocolate, though those will do just fine.  My friend made got the 'wrong' donut when he was there.  It's an all chocolate donut completely covered in chocolate.  If you don't like dense chocolate treats, this isn't for you.

I didn't get to Miami Vice last night since I went to bed fairly early and was on a Vice bender earlier in the week.  Though, DR did wear a Sonny Crockett/Miami Vice t-shirt all day yesterday.  Redemption.

Now I can rest easy tonight after getting the update.  

Downing, you should come out to the track one of these days and kick back.

DR used to go to the track quite a bit but hasn't been in a while.  I like Hollywood Park because of the salty people there.  Which one do you go to, gotbeer?  I'll meet you there one of these days if you can do Hollywood Park.

The gym owner wants the meat.

Not sure if the gym owner wants the DR meat.  She did say, in the same convo, that I've lost weight and that I 'look good.'  But this may be gym owner encouragement more than anything else.  The pessimist and cynic in me makes me think that this exactly what a gym owner would say.  it's not like they're going to tell you, as a customor, that you don't look good. 

If you recall the Seinfeld episode with Mel Torme, I felt a bit like Michael Richards to her Mel Torme.

Not sure if the gym owner wants the DR meat.  She did say, in the same convo, that I've lost weight and that I 'look good.'  But this may be gym owner encouragement more than anything else.  The pessimist and cynic in me makes me think that this exactly what a gym owner would say.  it's not like they're going to tell you, as a customor, that you don't look good. 

If you recall the Seinfeld episode with Mel Torme, I felt a bit like Michael Richards to her Mel Torme.

What the hell's a velvet fog?

I have bought doughnuts at this place. It's excellent. I commend you on your taste.

Said donut shop is next to Chronic Tacos at that shopping center with Jack in the Box on the corner.  They usually have the donuts I'm talking about on the far left of the display cases.  Get the one that is entirely DIPPED in chocolate.  Not the ones that are topped with chocolate, though those will do just fine.  My friend made got the 'wrong' donut when he was there.  It's an all chocolate donut completely covered in chocolate.  If you don't like dense chocolate treats, this isn't for you.

I didn't get to Miami Vice last night since I went to bed fairly early and was on a Vice bender earlier in the week.  Though, DR did wear a Sonny Crockett/Miami Vice t-shirt all day yesterday.  Redemption.

I get coffee coffee there every now and then. It's nice because they have ice cubes next to the pots so you can control the temperature of the coffee.