• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe "Big Nasty" McDonnell to join the AngelsWin.com Team

Chuck

I am pleased to announce that Joe McDonnell, formally with Fox Sports has joined the AngelsWin.com writing staff. Joe will also have his own podcast show. 

More coming on what Joe will be writing and when his show will air in the near future. 

Sports fans will no doubt know the name Joe McDonnell. For over four decades he was one of the most popular personalities on all of talk sport radios. No mater what the scoop was it was like he was right in there letting everyone know what the info was. As great as he was behind the mic however he was probably equally as well know for his size. Joe McDonnell was a very big man, but his voice was even bigger.

Joe McDonnell would get more and more popular he was right in the middle of the LA sports scene. It was like all the fans of the various LA teams be it Lakers or Kings could identify with this guy. But as his fame grew so did his body.

Then he decided that he was going to have bypass surgery and lost an incredibly 400 pounds from his over 700 pound frame. Sadly though for the better part of two years Joe McDonnell has not been on our airwaves. He still works in the industry where he works for KNX 1070 as the sports update man. This is really a waste of such a great talent, but it was almost like the industry could not get enough of him when he was unhealthy, and now he has his life back he can’t get back as the main man behind the mic.

Overall Joe McDonnell is one of the all time best when it comes to talking about sport. He was a mans man and a true fan favourite. Many fans no mater who is hosting whatever radio sports talk show will think that the current guy may be good, but he is no Joe McDonnell.

Chuck Richter pictured with Joe McDonnell at our #AWSTFanfest13

gallery_1_4_2820385_zpse8362d36.jpg

Crazy seeing that picture of him, dude lost a lot of weight...props to him.

I remember growing up with him being one of the bigger LA sports guys.

Looking forward to his contributions.

On a side note, the Pujols/Wilson intro presser had limited questions from the media, wasn't he one of them?

On a side note, the Pujols/Wilson intro presser had limited questions from the media, wasn't he one of them?

Yep. He was one of few that had the balls to ask a question. He's not afraid to ask the tough questions.

First, welcome aboard Joe. So glad to have you on the team.

To answer the question, the Angels were late naming microwave hones that day. Joe was set to pass it to me after the he other side asked a question, and it was a bad question. So, at the Josh Hamilton presser, Joe made sure I got the microphone to ask a question. I am very indebted to Joe for that.

The McDonnell Donnell Douglas Show

on ESPN

How many drinks for you today? (None!) 

on ESPN

You could not be any more wrong

on ESPN

Strange how a guy who used to salivate with every move the Dodgers franchise made and belittle every move the Angels franchise way back when he was on KFI shows up on an Angels' fan website. You guys giving Superfan his own podcast next?

Strange how a guy who used to salivate with every move the Dodgers franchise made and belittle every move the Angels franchise way back when he was on KFI shows up on an Angels' fan website. You guys giving Superfan his own podcast next?

wrong.

Joe McDonnell grew up as an Angels fan and is still a big fan, as are the Angels brass of Joe McDonnell.

I thought he grew up an Angels fan?   If you're in a LA radio market, you're typically going to spend more time talking about the Dodgers and Lakers than you would the Angels and Clippers..   

I thought he grew up an Angels fan? If you're in a LA radio market, you're typically going to spend more time talking about the Dodgers and Lakers than you would the Angels and Clippers..

Yep, grew up an Angels fan despite living in the valley.