• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

To Win the West the Angels Must Beat the West

The Angels are now 6-10 against AL West opponents, which of course means that they're 18-10 against everyone else. No good, my friends.

In particular, they need to beat up on the weakling of the division, the Houston Astros. So far they're 3-2 against them - OK, I guess, but they need to be stronger against a clearly inferior team.

I do, but I'm not as worried, probably because of how well we've played lately. I truly believe we will play well against the A's the rest of the year. I am blown away at how some teams, like the A's, seem impervious to having that one team that is a thorn in their sides, like the Astros are to the Angels. The A's just grind out wins.

I agree!! But I think we just ran into a buzz saw last night. Their pitcher was "On". But overall we have been playing much better baseball.

Why is it that the Angels seem to have this amazing ability to run into buzzsaws where the other pitcher is "On"?  Is it just a random fluke of statistics happening?

I've always been taught that when there's a problem, no matter what the problem is, in order to find a solution, find the common denominator.  Considering this problem the Angels have seems to be league wide, then maybe, just maybe, the problem is in house.

Is it the players?  Is it the coaches?  Is it the scouts or their reports?

Seems to me that the more green the pitcher the Angels face, the worse they tend to do. I've always joked, if you want to beat the Angels, the surefire way to do that is to call up a pitcher for his Major League debut and you can lock up that W.

Seriously, the whole "Angels are facing Cy 'Who?' tonight" is getting old.

Not only was Keuchel "ON" last night he is 5-2 with a 2.92 era and 55k's. Also, he pitched a complete game, 7 hit shut out of the Rangers in his last start. Sometimes, believe it or not, you have to "Tip the cap" to the other player or team.

One thing about the Astros is how much they are over managed.  The Astros put the shift on almost every single Angels player and instead of making them pay for it, we hit right into it.  We need our players to start hitting into the holes the Astros give us.

One thing about the Astros is how much they are over managed. The Astros put the shift on almost every single Angels player and instead of making them pay for it, we hit right into it. We need our players to start hitting into the holes the Astros give us.

So we have to get our balls in their Astro holes?

One thing about the Astros is how much they are over managed. The Astros put the shift on almost every single Angels player and instead of making them pay for it, we hit right into it. We need our players to start hitting into the holes the Astros give us.

We must respect those things called "unwritten rules" for some reason

Not only was Keuchel "ON" last night he is 5-2 with a 2.92 era and 55k's. Also, he pitched a complete game, 7 hit shut out of the Rangers in his last start. Sometimes, believe it or not, you have to "Tip the cap" to the other player or team.

The Astros didn't seem to get the memo that they were supposed to tip their cap to Richards, who was also coming off a great start as well and was putting up numbers better than Cuticle. Seems like our team tipped their cap before the game even started. I refuse to tip my cap to the Astros until they become a relevant franchise, period. 

Why is it that the Angels seem to have this amazing ability to run into buzzsaws where the other pitcher is "On"?  Is it just a random fluke of statistics happening?

I've always been taught that when there's a problem, no matter what the problem is, in order to find a solution, find the common denominator.  Considering this problem the Angels have seems to be league wide, then maybe, just maybe, the problem is in house.

Is it the players?  Is it the coaches?  Is it the scouts or their reports?

Seems to me that the more green the pitcher the Angels face, the worse they tend to do. I've always joked, if you want to beat the Angels, the surefire way to do that is to call up a pitcher for his Major League debut and you can lock up that W.

Seriously, the whole "Angels are facing Cy 'Who?' tonight" is getting old.

We have had our own success with tossing out green pitchers who dominated an opposing team (Shoemaker). It happens.

Edited by dimitrig