• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Apple’s iPhone 6 Is Set to Break Records

Redondo

iPhone is about to set records of people trashing their old iPhone in hopes the new one is better. Previously those who trashed their 4's for 5's were certain it would be a huge upgrade but now are convinced the next generation will be so much better. Of course that is what people thought when they dumped their 3 for a 4 and the 2 for a 3 and...

But it will be better this time.

iPhone is about to set records of people trashing their old iPhone in hopes the new one is better. Previously those who trashed their 4's for 5's were certain it would be a huge upgrade but now are convinced the next generation will be so much better. Of course that is what people thought when they dumped their 3 for a 4 and the 2 for a 3 and...

But it will be better this time.

If one uses their iphone with caution, they can actually make money by upgrading. I have sold my past 3 iphones for $500 on eBay and bought the new ones for 200 using my upgrade. So not necessarily trashing them

Edited by tennischmp

People are going to go absolutely nuts over this.

Apple will, as has been the case for the last few years, probably produce very little in terms of innovation in this market space. They're just going to deliver a very polished product that people are comfortable with.

They can pretty much just print money at this point.

I've been a loyal Apple customer for a while now and will have decisions to make this fall. I don't get a new phone every year, only when my phone starts acting stupid on me. I have the iphone 4s and it has been good to me. My buddy has the new Galaxy s5 and it is really cool but I am so used to iOS I don't know how well I could transition. I guess I'll have to wait until Apple officially announces the specs.

I wish I was smart enough to make a product, release a new model every year that does the exact same thing as the previous one just a little bit faster, and get people to stand in line and buy it again and again and again.  

i'm guessing your mother-in-law feels the same exact way about you.

The iPhone 6 Had Better Be Amazing And Cheap, Because Apple Is Losing The War To Android

Is Apple boxed in as a brand and a platform that merely serves the richest 15% of the world, while everyone else uses Android?

yeah those articles are typically pretty thin though.

distribution (# of phone sales) doesnt really matter - all that matters is profit.

and apple makes about 70% of the profit in worldwide smartphone sales.

samsung makes the rest.

google actually does -3% profit share (they have lost money year over year).

apple is moving into india and china though.

the key is they have to maintain quality / brand / etc and make it somewhat affordable.

smartphones are such an insanely big market is pretty crazy all told though.

im curious if tizen makes any dents at all.

Edited by mrwicked