• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prince Fielder has herniated disk

Would they really have done a cervical MRI during the routine physical? 

So you're on record as saying you would be cool with the Angels trading for a 30 year old guy who is due 24 mil per year for another 7 years without having him take ANY kind of physical.  

Good to know.

No, you didn't .... you just seemed to gloss over how incredibly stupid it was to not have him take ANY sort of physical.  Like I said, that would have gone over really well here.

i don't think anybody, anywhere has suggested that not giving him a physical was sound. the greater reality is that it wouldn't have shown up during a routine physical because they don't do cervical mri's during that process.

talk about putting words into a guy's mouth.

Oh, I own up to that -- but do you really think he would be taking the same stance had the Angels taken the same route?  I mean, let's cut through the BS, his response was in a way a defacto defense of the Rangers front office.

I highly doubt he would be as understanding or willing to buy into their explanation had it been the Angels.

Oh, your insult was a joke? My bad.

Saying I liked you better when you were glossing over the Rangers foibles is an insult?  How about we both move on.  Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, maybe you didn't get my point was that Angels fans wouldn't have taken kindly to the Angels failing to perform any kind of a physical when so much was at risk.  Either way we aren't really making any sort of intelligent debate here.

Edited by Inside Pitch

The guy isn't dying. He has an injury that might keep him from playing baseball for a while. Why should I feel bad about his neck hurting? The guy will make about a quarter of a billion dollars over his career.

Screw the rangers. I hope he's out for the year. 

Anything else I can get for you guys?

While I agree that's a cervical mri would not have been performed during a physical, chances are that the rangers would have learned that Fielder had been experiencing back pain since last year. At that point they may have indeed ordered an mri before completing the deal

While I agree that's a cervical mri would not have been performed during a physical, chances are that the rangers would have learned that Fielder had been experiencing back pain since last year. At that point they may have indeed ordered an mri before completing the deal

Daniels must have disliked Kinsler as much as we do to trade for the fat kid with health issues.

The lack of a physical (as far as I know) was likely a two way agreement.  Kinsler had a lengthy record of injuries requiring DL time.  Prince did not.  So DD and JD apparently whittled over the compensatory money and signed off.  Neither team did a physical.