• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Silence for josh? LOL

martinpa25

It's stupid to assume that a movement of 2000 people represents an entire fanbase. I'm sure a great number of fans will boo their faces off for Hamilton, and I'm sure he still has a bunch of supporters who will cheer, too. 2000 out of 45,000 or whatever is not impactful.

Angels fans would be just as mad if a former player said unkind things about them. To pretend otherwise is silly.

The implication being that the fans are clueless. Which he reiterated when he added that "real" baseball fans would cheer him when he returns, not boo him. It's an arrogant, tone-deaf kind of comment that I don't want to hear from someone on my team. You just don't stoop to dissing the fans. Like when Wilson said that crap about O.co and the A's fans? Sure the ballpark may be a P.O.S., but was anyone surprised that saying the fans suck was not a well-received comment?

Something I heard from a die-hard Ranger fan at work last week.

"The Rangers gave Josh Hamilton a chance and single-handedly revitalized his career..."

That is a smug comment from a butt hurt Rangers fan. The Rangers didn't give him a chance, the Reds did. In his first and only season with the Reds, he hit BA .292, OPS .922. That led to the Rangers offering two of their pitching prospects for him. The Rangers just offered more in a trade than the other teams. It's not like the Rangers were the ONLY team giving Josh a "chance". If Josh hit .200 with the Reds, he wouldn't be a Ranger.

• 2 years later...