• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any one into collecting game/stadium used memorabilia?

Not sure what section to put this topic so I thought I'd stick it in here. 

I recently decided to start a new hobby: collecting game used and stadium used memorabilia.  First up, original Wrigley Field brick. I also have a ticket from the 100th anniversary game and a game issued (not used) ball from the 100th game. Going to get/make a nice display case for all 3 items. Next up, a Big Daddy Vladdy game used bat with some nice ball marks and pine tar circa 2003-2004. Going to try to get an exact year as 04 was his mvp season, making it that much awesomer. Yes, that's a word. I've never been into autographs so I doubt I'll start collecting those. However, if I can get my game used stuff signed, that would be very cool but living on the east coast, I doubt I'll ever get vlads.

Anyone else into collecting? If so, post up! 

10245426 4201996383664 6135720350528932161 N 1

10253989 4201996103657 6942278124356500950 N 1

10314649 4201995863651 216541365907823898 N 1

10270493 4201995503642 7219097532432883962 N 1

10366286 4201996623670 3302418998198542674 N 1

Memorabilia is funny.   It's great to own.   I have four seats out of the original Wrigley field in LA. 

Most of the stuff I have, and certainly the most meaningful, I acquired on my own, and didn't purchase. 

I have the keys to the old big A, gate 3, about 7 keys - went to the gates, the turnstyle, the ticket booth, and the handicap door.

I was always a fan of getting things at the game as a kid.   Now you can/or are forced to buy everything. 

I collected lineup cards when I was a kid.   Most teens and adults had no idea what they were.   I was the only kid at the dugouts at the end of the game asking for them back in the day.   Jimmy Reese or Bobby Knoop would peel them off the wall and hand them to me in the 70s and 80s.

Now everything is sold.. and I mean everything.  

What is memorabilia these days?    The Webster definition is : objects or materials that are collected because they are related to a particular event, person, etc. : things collected as souvenirs

It sucks that there every F'n thing is monetized.    There are few freebies or experiences anymore for kids attending the game.   Now everything can be bought.   Grass, dirt, this game-used item, that authentic tchochkie that everyone else has.

I like things that are very limited.   Hell now the Angels have garage sales every year.   Dodgers have multiple stands with game used crap from every game on the previous homestand.   I know the Angels have a stand too, with higher end stuff.

Steiner sports sold every little speck of anything from Yankee Stadium.   And while I found it absolutely sickening, I was also hypocritical, buying 2 one-of-a kind items, and one other piece out of that dump.

My daughters dig going to games to get BP balls, and my son, only 2 won't experience games like I did, but I'll still do what my dad did; take him to the doubletree hotel between 10p and 2a to loiter to watch all the drunk visiting players stumble into the lobby with the hookers, I mean lovely Orange County groupies they found.   It's always good to get that kind of autograph, and maybe a photo of the dude and his side P for a little blackmail. 

So much better things in life to spend money on. 

Can I post a picture of my daughter's college fund? 

I agree that there are things more important to spend money on and college funds are one of them. However, being a single guy with no kids, I see nothing wrong with spending a little money on things that I think are cool. 

Memorabilia is funny.   It's great to own.   I have four seats out of the original Wrigley field in LA. 

Most of the stuff I have, and certainly the most meaningful, I acquired on my own, and didn't purchase. 

I have the keys to the old big A, gate 3, about 7 keys - went to the gates, the turnstyle, the ticket booth, and the handicap door.

I was always a fan of getting things at the game as a kid.   Now you can/or are forced to buy everything. 

I collected lineup cards when I was a kid.   Most teens and adults had no idea what they were.   I was the only kid at the dugouts at the end of the game asking for them back in the day.   Jimmy Reese or Bobby Knoop would peel them off the wall and hand them to me in the 70s and 80s.

Now everything is sold.. and I mean everything.  

What is memorabilia these days?    The Webster definition is : objects or materials that are collected because they are related to a particular event, person, etc. : things collected as souvenirs

It sucks that there every F'n thing is monetized.    There are few freebies or experiences anymore for kids attending the game.   Now everything can be bought.   Grass, dirt, this game-used item, that authentic tchochkie that everyone else has.

I like things that are very limited.   Hell now the Angels have garage sales every year.   Dodgers have multiple stands with game used crap from every game on the previous homestand.   I know the Angels have a stand too, with higher end stuff.

Steiner sports sold every little speck of anything from Yankee Stadium.   And while I found it absolutely sickening, I was also hypocritical, buying 2 one-of-a kind items, and one other piece out of that dump.

My daughters dig going to games to get BP balls, and my son, only 2 won't experience games like I did, but I'll still do what my dad did; take him to the doubletree hotel between 10p and 2a to loiter to watch all the drunk visiting players stumble into the lobby with the hookers, I mean lovely Orange County groupies they found.   It's always good to get that kind of autograph, and maybe a photo of the dude and his side P for a little blackmail. 

Trust me, I'd much rather get free items but like you said, that usually impossible these days and the stuff that you can get for free are things like line up cards, if you're lucky, and maybe a BP ball every now and then. Things like used bats, gloves, helmets, jerseys, etc are a lot harder to get directly from a player and thus have to be bought MOST of the time. 

I like collecting things with meaning to me wether its from a player I am a fan of, classic stadium memorbelia, or a former player I respect. I don't care if it's one of a kind or not.That being said, I'm not going to spend 9 grand on a used Jeter bat from Steiner but spending a few hundred on a bat that was used by one of my all time favorite players, I see nothing wrong with. But, I see what you mean with every can be bought. I hate all these drink coasters with field dirt on them or frozen grass blades that can be planted in your yard that they charge an arm and a leg for.

So much better things in life to spend money on. 

Can I post a picture of my daughter's college fund? 

Wow, really?

Are you seriously trying to knock this person for buying what they have, even though you've never met this person and know nothing about his/her life??