• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels linked to SP Chris Young

jshep

So he's an older Tommy Hanson.  

Chris Young is the perfect sort of low risk guy to pick up IMO.  I had hoped they might consider him in a previous post, nice to see they are at least kicking the tires.

I agree. His velo goes up in shorter stints too. Could be a nice pick up. 

While I think he'd be a nice minor league pickup, reports are that he was sitting in the 80-82 mph range. He never threw hard but that's even slow for him.

Saw him and Haren both pitch twice this spring..   Young was hitting 84-85, Never saw Haren over 86, well maybe on balls being hit over the fence. but otherwise...  Not once.   Young was the same exact pitcher he always was, a big dude who looked like he should be throwing hard and didn't.  He was throwing 64-65 MPH changes and i don't think he topped 76 mph with his slider, looked like a slider anyway. 

Where was it stated he was only touching 80-82?  

BTW, he's pitched each of the last two seasons at 84-85.   

I don't think Jerome Williams is going to break camp with the big boys........Garrett Richards seems to have the spot starter, long relief spot and as others have mentioned on the site here, it's likely Richards will get a fair number of starts due to down time of some of the rotation guys.........Hanson and Wilson are likely to miss starts for sure.

I think the Jerome Williams era with the Halos may be over unless he accepts an assignment to SLC and I don't know what his option status is.........it may be DFA time.

I actually think they both break camp with the Angels and both stay up the first 10 games or so.

Saw him and Haren both pitch twice this spring..   Young was hitting 84-85, Never saw Haren over 86, well maybe on balls being hit over the fence. but otherwise...  Not once.   Young was the same exact pitcher he always was, a big dude who looked like he should be throwing hard and didn't.  He was throwing 64-65 MPH changes and i don't think he topped 76 mph with his slider, looked like a slider anyway. 

Where was it stated he was only touching 80-82?  

BTW, he's pitched each of the last two seasons at 84-85.   

Yeah, if we could get him and stow him in AAA, until Hanson (or another starter) goes down. We could really use the depth and he could really use the shot of being in the rotation on a World Series winning team.