• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hit and Run

Had a similar thing happen several years ago in Riverside. A guy didn't see my car, veered into my lane and basically ripped the rear passenger side door off my car. We both pull into a gas station to talk, but he spoke zero English and my Spanish is very rough. I wrote down his name, phone number, and plate number, and copied the info from his insurance card. I also called the police to make a report, but they wouldn't come out because there were no injuries.

In the end, here's what happened: The guy's phone number was fake, and his insurance company was fake. I'm guessing he was illegal. I paid my $500 deductible, and obviously was never reimbursed by the fake insurance company. And seeing as I had absolutely no way of finding this dude, I was left with no recourse. Bottom line, if you want the cops to come for an accident report, just claim you think you saw a handgun in the other person's car.

Had a similar thing happen several years ago in Riverside. A guy didn't see my car, veered into my lane and basically ripped the rear passenger side door off my car. We both pull into a gas station to talk, but he spoke zero English and my Spanish is very rough. I wrote down his name, phone number, and plate number, and copied the info from his insurance card. I also called the police to make a report, but they wouldn't come out because there were no injuries.

In the end, here's what happened: The guy's phone number was fake, and his insurance company was fake. I'm guessing he was illegal. I paid my $500 deductible, and obviously was never reimbursed by the fake insurance company. And seeing as I had absolutely no way of finding this dude, I was left with no recourse. Bottom line, if you want the cops to come for an accident report, just claim you think you saw a handgun in the other person's car.

or be smart and carry uninsured motorist coverage. 

I did have some form of UM coverage (not an expert on this stuff), but I still paid the $500 deductible. I don't recall all of the details, as I was 19 at the time, but I went back and forth with my insurance and ended up losing out on any reimbursement.

Glad to hear you weren't injured, Eric.  A non-injury hit-and-run is a Misdemeanor tho, and your wait was probably due to higher-priority calls being handled by a short-handed Department/Division.  Glad you thought to get her license plate; that should help your insurance investigator get a quicker ruling on the case.

If she was driving in the divider, then she would be at fault for the collision since you wouldn't reasonably need to "clear" that "lane" as you traversed the road.

Great to see the attitudes/funny jokes in here about lazy, murderous, Police.  I especially like how several of you would have Eric falsely-claim to be injured in order to get a faster response.  Your fellow Citizens who actually might NEED assistance would be appreciative.

Great to see the attitudes/funny jokes in here about lazy, murderous, Police.  I especially like how several of you would have Eric falsely-claim to be injured in order to get a faster response.  Your fellow Citizens who actually might NEED assistance would be appreciative.

It was a joke man. I wasn't seriously suggesting that Eric file a false report and I think everyone here knows that.

I am only interested in why she drove off. I suspect there was some underlying reason like no insurance or other outstanding tickets. As long as my car gets repaired it is mostly just dissapointment that during an already hectic schedule I have to deal with this crap.

Good news is the body shop I picked is pre-approved by insurance. It gets towed Monday.

Ten days after Mrs. Tank bought a new car, some dbag smashed into her while running a red light, and then took off. Cops were called and their thought was the other driver was either drunk/high, or might be facing a third strike, and thus the reason she took off. She has never been caught for the damage she did, and it's reprehensible to me that people aren't willing to take responsibility for their actions.

And FYI, there's no such thing as CSI Lake View Terrace.

Ten days after Mrs. Tank bought a new car, some dbag smashed into her while running a red light, and then took off. Cops were called and their thought was the other driver was either drunk/high, or might be facing a third strike, and thus the reason she took off. She has never been caught for the damage she did, and it's reprehensible to me that people aren't willing to take responsibility for their actions.

And FYI, there's no such thing as CSI Lake View Terrace.

She wouldn't happen to have been driving a silver Lexus SUV?

She wouldn't happen to have been driving a silver Lexus SUV?

nope. a black piece of crap nissan pickup. it has significant damage on the drivers front side.

of course, this happened in '03, so i imagine the truck is no longer in service.

I was rear ended by an uninsured mexican dude (pretty sure undocumented). He told me straight up he wasn't covered and I thought I was screwed. Turns out he was coming home from his construction job and just got got paid. I followed him to his house ( a very sketchy part of LB) he got in my car and we went to an auto body place where he paid cash for my damage. It was about 500$.