• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rangers SP Injuries

I hope every one of them has season-ending surgery

Normally I don't really like seeing other teams struggle with things like injuries but thanks to Jamey Newberg and his tendency to revel in the misfortunes of the Angels when it happens to us I'm not really broken up about it.

It's probably a lot of factors.. But throwing super hard has to put more stress on your arm. Kids are throwing more innings and more off speed pitches at younger ages, too. My dad never let me throw a slider and didnt let me throw a curve until I was a teenager, and that's later than most.

I also think that baseball has become a year round sport.  Never giving the body time to heal or rest. Eventually, the wear and tear will take its toll. I'm sure that when the old timers were in high school or earlier, when the season ended, it ended. You didn't have travel ball and winter ball.

Martin Perez To Undergo Tommy John Surgery

By Steve Adams [May 15, 2014 at 5:05pm CDT]

Rangers lefty Martin Perez has decided to undergo Tommy John surgery to repair the torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow, the pitcher himself told Marcos Grunfeld of Venezuelan newspaper La Vinotinto (Twitter link, with a hat tip to the Dallas Morning News’ Gerry Fraley).

The 23-year-old Perez is the latest in a landslide of Tommy John surgeries and the second Rangers pitcher to go down to the operation this season (lefty reliever Pedro Figueroa underwent the procedure earlier this year). The news is a crushing blow to a Rangers staff that has been bombarded with injuries. Derek Holland is out through the All-Star break, Yu Darvish opened the season on the DL (though he’s healthy now) and Matt Harrison‘s resurgent back injury could now be career-threatening, according to recent reports.

Among the game’s other young starters that have undergone the season-ending operation (or will undergo it) are Jose Fernandez, Jarrod Parker, Patrick Corbin, Kris Medlen, Brandon Beachy, Matt Moore, Ivan Nova, A.J. Griffin and Jameson Taillon.