• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rangers SP Injuries

Sometimes it is just the pressure to throw 90+ every pitch and make it dance that kills these guys. Some guys like Verlander can use his 6'5" frame and get it up to the plate consistently in the mid 90's. Guys like Perez that are 6' tall in cleats are trying to run it up there past what their natural body frame can handle.

You have pitchers like Bronson Arroyo that has virtually no arm issues pitching 200+ innings for 15 years because he tosses the same 88 mph fastball over and over again. Boring for stat geeks but he gets the job done and plays out his season.

It's not about how many starts or innings. It is about how these guys try to be a pitcher they are not. By the way, Perez's fastball dropped 3 mph from last year. It is was pretty obvious something was wrong but the Rangers seem to be pretty good at ruining arms these last couple years.

This is nuts (Perez). Teams really need to consider 6-man rotations and MLB needs to expand the Active Roster to 27.

I'm not sure where their TJ rate is but they do use 6-man rotations and have 6 games a week. And their season is only 135 games long.

MLB is not going to reduce the amount of games played during the regular season. That would require every contract to be renegotiated from the players to the stadium leases, radio and television.

Now I see why JD collects a bunch of arms and throws them in SLC or wherever. You never know when injuries to your staff at this rate. A ton of injuries so far this season. Hope our guys stay away from the pitching injury bug

MLB is not going to reduce the amount of games played during the regular season. That would require every contract to be renegotiated from the players to the stadium leases, radio and television.

No way will the season ever be reduced. MLB would lose money with fewer tickets that can be sold and games that can be televised. I do think that increasing the active roster size would be a good move though. That would allow the work to be distributed between more players, particularly pitchers. 

I'm not sure whether the players union would go along. On the one hand larger roster size would mean more potential jobs (MLB openings) but might result in dilution of salaries for top pitchers. 

A lot of outlets are trying to make a big deal about the injuries...regardless if it's arm related or some dumb shit like Matt Cain cutting his finger making a sandwich.

Dudes in the old days never had issues. Personally, people need to look outside the majors. There is such a different emphasis with the youth today and a different aggression to get kids playing optimally and a lot earlier arm stress than back in the day. There wasn't social media or the tmz crazy sports media to add pressure for quick success back then.

Does Japanese Baseball have these kinds of arm issues?

Japanese pitchers don't throw as hard, and the high school pitch count thing is overblown.

They take care of young arms better, and they don't throw moving fastballs as much, which in my opinion is a contributor to all these TJs.

What is crazy is this is the first year we have seen it be this bad, I would think there have been at least twice as many this year than any other year I can remember if not more. But what's crazy is there isn't a common thread between them that anyone has really put together other than the fact that they throw hard. I would think it has more to do with throwing a slider as hard as they do rather than the fastball. Moving fastballs happen by where they put their fingers on the ball and not by moving the wrist.

Anybody have the Angels offseason pitcher workout manual that leaked a couple of years back. Also, I remember there being a Real Sports segment a while back about a new approach where young pitchers didn't release the ball during throwing practice. It supposedly would increase a certain muscle comparative to letting the ball go.

Anybody have the Angels offseason pitcher workout manual that leaked a couple of years back. Also, I remember there being a Real Sports segment a while back about a new approach where young pitchers didn't release the ball during throwing practice. It supposedly would increase a certain muscle comparative to letting the ball go.

How long ago was that Real Sports segment?  Sounds interesting.  My Dad told me they used to have guys do that in Cuba, something about the arm getting stronger by having to slow the arm motion down instead of the sudden drop in velocity after releasing the ball.