• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I miss Rex

If you miss Rex, you can tune into the KC broadcasts.......he's on TV and Phyz is on the radio there.......Phyz might get some TV time there as well, not sure.

Rex still over the top........small doses of Rex might be tolerable........game in, game out.......not so much.

Victor's awesome...Gubi speaks like Yoda sometimes, anyone else notice that?  Their chemistry is great, like they actually enjoy calling the games together.

Oh, and Victor bought us drinks at spring training last year, so there's that.  ;)

How people can not like Victor is beyond me. I realize it is a personal preference thing, but seriously? He has a good voice, doesn't make errors when calling the game. He isn't a homer. Oh and he is witty. I understand the Gubi thing, but I really like their chemistry in the booth. What a team (the Angels) should do is have a former pitcher (Gubi) and a former hitter (I don't care who) and have one in the radio booth and one in the television booth and have them switch out periodically either throughout the game or every other game. I like the difference in reference from the two different sides of the ball.

That is such a great idea! I'd like to hear Don Baylor in the booth a few times before he's back on the job.

I wasn't a big fan of Victor originally...but he's grown on me. Gubbi I'm somewhat ambivalent about. I do enjoy listening to the other team's radio broadcasts when they play the Halos, it's a nice change of pace and it's interesting to hear their commentary on the Halo players. Maybe that says something about the Halo radio broadcast team.

Vin is THE man..

I miss Rex because of his pure love of the game, and lack of a filter; everything that comes to mind, gets spit out of his mouth.  He's one of the most energetic, positive guys I've ever met.  I'd trade Gubi for him any day.

I'd like to see Salmon take over for Gubi, or at least get some games sitting-in with Vic.  Vic is under-rated as far as I'm concerned.

I love popping-in my 2002 WS collection, and switching the audio to hear Rory Markus call it.

Langston is a hall of famer compared to mota. The radio broadcast has much improved since he joined terry. Terry is still terry, but they have better chemistry than with mota. Towards the end of Jose's reign, the radio broadcast was downright hard to listen to.

Rex is an idiot, and now he's KC's idiot.

Smith is so forgettable that there isn't one mention of him, positive or negative, 15 replies in.  He's the radio equivalent of watching grass grow.

Terry is definitely the worst.  Nice guy I'm sure, but his radio personality is just terrible.  He barely acknowledges Langston's presence in the booth.  If it were up to him, I'm sure he'd prefer to do the game alone. 

I don't miss Hudler or Physioc at all.  Hudler was a complete homer, and both of them would say downright idiotic things far too often.  Couldn't stand listening to either one of those guys.  

I really enjoy Rojas, I think he calls the game pretty fairly and is not afraid to call out players or managers.  As for Gubicza, sometimes he can get repetitive, and I don't really care for his "song title as a key to the game" silliness, but other than that he's fine.  I wouldn't trade him for Salmon, since Salmon is too much of a homer.

I was not sorry to see Hudler go.  I had no problem with Phys and when Victor/Gubi took over I wasn't immediately impressed.  They have grown on me now and I think there is good chemistry between the two.  I have not heard 'oppo taco' in a long time (maybe I missed it) and that's a good thing.

Rex always used to make me laugh, in good ways and in not so good ways.

I don't miss Phyz and his constant "LOOK AT THIS!!" and that fake ass "HUH HUH HUH HUH!" laugh.

4-1 Blue Jays over Angels. Angels hit a solo home run. 

Phsz "Angels cut the lead in half!" 

It's been over 20 years but I'll do my obligatory Al Conin shout-out. Then Bob "Let me look that up" Starr.

Vic has grown on me, good action voice, good dry wit. Getting pretty pathetic that Terry Smith continues to close in on longest tenured Angel announcer totals (now standing at 13, needs three more years to eclipse Starr).