• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One U.S. Supreme Court justice referred to Netflix as "Netflick." Another seemed not to know that HBO is a cable channel. A third appeared to think mo

• 2 weeks later...

The difference is that our parents weren't writing and passing laws regulating the technology they didn't understand.

There is a psychiatrist who has been visiting the facility where I work in order to provide telemedicine consults for a facility in another part of the state that is currently without a psychiatrist. This guy has also informed everyone who will listen that he is a candidate for the Democratic nomination for Governor of Nevada (a suicide mission that no relevant politician will undertake, as our current Republican governor is considered to be a shoo-in for reelection). One of his supposed primary platform planks is the reform of the criminal statutes. I had a conversation with him that told me within less than two minutes that he doesn't understand the difference between probation and parole. I suggest that he learn that distinction before telling voters, like he told me, that "inmates are getting out on probation too early." I'm not sure that he fully understood when I told him that probation is something that happens instead of incarceration, not after it.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

The difference is that our parents weren't writing and passing laws regulating the technology they didn't understand.

There is a psychiatrist who has been visiting the facility where I work in order to provide telemedicine consults for a facility in another part of the state that is currently without a psychiatrist. This guy has also informed everyone who will listen that he is a candidate for the Democratic nomination for Governor of Nevada (a suicide mission that no relevant politician will undertake, as our current Republican governor is considered to be a shoo-in for reelection). One of his supposed primary platform planks is the reform of the criminal statutes. I had a conversation with him that told me within less than two minutes that he doesn't understand the difference between probation and parole. I suggest that he learn that distinction before telling voters, like he told me, that "inmates are getting out on probation too early." I'm not sure that he fully understood when I told him that probation is something that happens instead of incarceration, not after it.

Not to take away from your overall point, but the SCOTUS has nothing to do with writing or passing laws. They simply decide whether or not they stand up to Constitutional Review. Obviously, it'd be great if they understood pieces of legislation at a deeper level; but they don't really decide whether or not something is a good idea, only whether or not it is constitutional. Edited by Don Tomlinson

• 2 weeks later...

Supreme Courts ruling that corporations have legal protections based on the fact they are comprised of people only goes back to the early 1800's. But yeah, screw them, they ruled corporations are people! (OK, they didn't, but we have to condense it down to bumper sticker slogans!)

Supreme Courts ruling that corporations have legal protections based on the fact they are comprised of people only goes back to the early 1800's. But yeah, screw them, they ruled corporations are people! (OK, they didn't, but we have to condense it down to bumper sticker slogans!)

You're assuming that's relevant to his comment, aren't you? Perhaps he thinks the notion is garbage irrespective of how far back it dates. A Wikipedia link would have sufficed.