• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Garret Richards ACE/ALLSTAR

I remember defending him endlessly while the majority of AW posters doubted him.  Nice to see so many of you come around.

I'll admit that I doubted him. So often the people on here overrated Angel prospects. But I'm glad I was wrong!

Scott does have a passion for prospects and like anyone else, he'll have his hits and misses.  Granted, Richards was a pretty big miss on his part, ignoring scouting altogether like that is a mistake you have to learn from.  At the end of the day, Richards has some things that you just can't teach.  Mid-90's with movement, groundball tendencies and two and a half killer off-speed offerings. 

But we'll all miss at some time or another.  Richards was so obvious a slam dunk that I was willing to defend him until I was blue in the face, still am.  But I've made mistakes before, most specifically Brandon Wood, Trevor Reckling and Mark Trumbo.  I thought hat if nothing else, Wood would turn into a shortstop that hits 25 HR's a year, at minimum.  I never thought Trumbo's body and approach would mature enough to find major league success and even once said that Reckling was a better prospect than Martin Perez.

But I'll enjoy this moment of validation.