• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Garret Richards ACE/ALLSTAR

4-0

2.42 ERA

9.35 K/9

3.46 BB/9 - been really improving with the walks the last few outings

50.4% GB%

doing everything you want to see from a starter in that he gets a lot of K's and keeps the ball on the ground, which has led to him only allowing 1 HR all season

He has finally figured it out this year. I think he's realizing that even if he misses his spot these guys can't really hit it over the fence anyway.

Scott34 has some gems in there:

Come on man, I know you like Richards and all but there is a 0.01% chance he becomes a staff ace.

93% of his pitches are either a fastball or slider.  His mechanics are pretty much a disaster, which leads to an unreapeatable release point:

He's also never thrown more than 145 innings in his life and he'll soon be 26.  Nothing about him, besides his fan friendly depth-y curveball screams ace.  I see him as a 4-5 guy, maybe a 3 if the cookie crumbles the exact right way and he learns how to throw a changeup.

Scott34 has some gems in there:

Come on man, I know you like Richards and all but there is a 0.01% chance he becomes a staff ace.

93% of his pitches are either a fastball or slider.  His mechanics are pretty much a disaster, which leads to an unreapeatable release point:

He's also never thrown more than 145 innings in his life and he'll soon be 26.  Nothing about him, besides his fan friendly depth-y curveball screams ace.  I see him as a 4-5 guy, maybe a 3 if the cookie crumbles the exact right way and he learns how to throw a changeup.

Yikes. That kid misses alot. Didn't he used to help the AW prospect rankings?   :huh:

Edited by Shane

Yikes. That kid misses alot. Didn't he used to help the AW prospect rankings?   :huh:

He used to do our weekly prospect reports. He has a passion for the minors and prospects. 

Dave and I had the final decisions on who was ranked and where. 

Scott writes for his own Blog now with a handful of other kids just out of HS. I think it's call ManiacBall.com or something.