• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/14 vs. Phillies: Navarro leading off

Angels:

1. Efren Navarro (L) RF
2. Mike Trout ( R) CF
3. Albert Pujols ( R) 1B
4. Raul Ibanez (L) LF
5. Erick Aybar (S) SS
6. Hank Conger (S) C
7. Grant Green ( R) 2B
8. Luis Jimenez ( R) 3B

Phils:

1. Ben Revere (L) CF
2. Jimmy Rollins (S) SS
3. Chase Utley (L) 2B
4. Ryan Howard (L) 1B
5. Marlon Byrd ( R) RF
6. Domonic Brown (L) LF
7. Carlos Ruiz ( R) C
8. Cody Asche (L) 3B
9. A.J. Burnett ( R) P

This has got to be one of the worst lineups we've seen so far. I could buy the " theres no other options" for the clean up spot argument a few weeks ago,but now literally anyone on the roster would be a better option. Its quite possible Ibanez is done. Don't get me wrong he seems like a good guy and id love for him to step it up but he's had a BA well under .200 most of the year with an OPS in the low .500s. That isn't good.

Edited by tomsred

I don't mind Raul batting 4th.  If he is too close to the pitcher in the 9 spot then it would be two automatic outs.  You need to space them.

I wouldn't worry about Raul after this Sosh quote

“Historically, if you look at Raul, he’s not the guy that gets off to the hot start, but when he finds it he usually keeps it for a long time,” Scioscia said. “I think he’s definitely finding some things at the plate. He’s attacking the ball better. I know he’s going to be productive. I think he’s getting close.”

Everything is good

This has got to be one of the worst lineups we've seen so far. I could buy the " theres no other options" for the clean up spot argument a few weeks ago,but now literally anyone on the roster would be a better option. Its quite possible Ibanez is done. Don't get me wrong he seems like a good guy and id love for him to step it up but he's had a BA well under .200 most of the year with an OPS in the low .500s. That isn't good.

He could possibly be done, but we're only at May 14th, and he's had approximately 100 AB's.  If he gets locked in he could stay that way for quite some time, and that would be a big boost.  I think it's still worth riding a little longer, especially with Hamilton out.  Navarro is here to supplement the pool of left handers, so if he can't show signs of getting it together by month end  he probably gets dropped for Navarro (if Navarro keeps up the good hitting and play).  And Navarro may get dumped back to AAA when Calhoun and Hamilton return.

I'm more worried about Hamilton and Calhoun being productive without going through a long start up process.

Edited by tomsred