• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

At LAST! a manager gives up on SAVES

I LOVE that Sosh has given up on trying to get his best reliever a SAVE and instead is using him when the other team has the most leverage.  It's about time.  I think playing for saves has made a fool of many a manager over the years and I hope more give up on it.  Play to win the game, screw the fantasy stats.

either that or Sosh likes Frieri as the closer.

Langston was saying this was the reasoning during the game.

Langston also said he'd never seen an MLB team (the Phillies) make such a big deal about an opposing player (Mike Trout) coming into town in a major league ballpark before

... despite the fact "Derek Jeter Day" happened in Anaheim just 5 days ago

Edited by ScottLux

Yes but did 6,000 fans from Jeters home town come to Anaheim?

if by "come from his home town" you mean "move from New York to California at some point in the last decade", then yes

if by "come from his home town" you mean "move from New York to California at some point in the last decade", then yes

Sorry but that simply isn't true. Most of the Yankee fans that show up in Anaheim are the So Cal Yankee fan that buys the new gear that looks old. The actual Yankee fans from New York are pretty tame and respectful at least in my experience.

Frame it however you want, Scioscia's been a long supporter of defined bullpen roles and hasn't shown himself to adapt that quickly.

Perhaps he has changed, but the second we see Smith face the bottom of the order in the 8th and Frieri face the top in the 9th, this idea of a progressive Scioscia goes out the window and is replaced by the same old archaic approach we've seen for I don't know how long.

Frame it however you want, Scioscia's been a long supporter of defined bullpen roles and hasn't shown himself to adapt that quickly.

Perhaps he has changed, but the second we see Smith face the bottom of the order in the 8th and Frieri face the top in the 9th, this idea of a progressive Scioscia goes out the window and is replaced by the same old archaic approach we've seen for I don't know how long.

To be fair, roles can be defined in different ways.  If they have a guy that's appointed the resident bad ass in charge of nuking the other team's top hitters then they are defining the role rather nicely.