• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/13/14 Angels @ Phillies (No Aybar)

what was he thinking about two weeks ago? absolutely ignorant criticism, and i'm one of the dudes that gets blown up as a hater.

Oh okay so the last 2 1/2 years of Pujols have been all fine and Dandy?  He is now hitting .265 and has a  pathetic risp average.  I think you are forgetting just how good Pujols was and how good the Angels expected him to be.  He is held to a much higher level than anyone else on the team.  He has been a huge disappointment.  Did you watch Pujols when he played with St. Louis?  I did and he is swinging at balls he never used to and grounding out a lot more.  He is a worse player with the Angels.  It's not ignorant, it's a fact.

I like Jimenez energy. What a clutch extra base hit and defensive play to rob the Phillies of a big inning. 

Oh and Matt Shoemaker. What else can we say. In both of his starts he's gone 10 innings and given up just two runs. One of the runs was questionable tonight too. 

hamilton can start in LF, cowgill can rotate dh/of, cron can be optioned or benched.  give ibanez the next few weeks and if he doesnt hit just release him.

Ibanez can be optioned or benched. Option Cron or bench him? Screw that crap! Cron should be playing every game right now, other than playing in NL ballparks. Even then, he can certainly get some AB's here and there. He should be our starting DH as far as I am concerned.

I like Jimenez energy. What a clutch extra base hit and defensive play to rob the Phillies of a big inning. 

Oh and Matt Shoemaker. What else can we say. In both of his starts he's gone 10 innings and given up just two runs. One of the runs was questionable tonight too. 

Amen to that, Chuck. Shoe looked real comfortable out there. I liked his composure, and really one of those runs could have been prevented with a better defensive play. That said, the Angels played well overall and we won. That is all that matters. Even with Trout and Pujols slumping, other guys are finding ways to contribute. I believe that this will bear positive fruit later in the season. Shoe has earned another start, as far as I am concerned it is his to lose. Yes, it is a small sample size, but he is a smart pitcher and has completely earned his opportunity.