• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

5 BOLD Predictions for 2013

Chances are none of these predictions will come to fruition.

Conger will not split time with Iannetta

Hamilton will hit 31+ hr's

Trout and Pujols are certainly in the realm of possibility but not likely

3 Gold Gloves? I'll believe when I see it. The possibility is there ... when is the last time a team had three gold gloves?

Garrett Richards will maybe be a #5

Good stuff

I'll predict Weaver will get the CY Young award this season.

Orioles 2012 thanks to the Adam Jones situation (Jones shouldn't have even been nominated let alone win above Trout and Jackson)

Wieters and Hardy were deserving IMO.

1)  Iannetta will catch 110 games, and some combo of Conger/Snyder/Hester will catch the other 52 games.

2)  Hamilton will surpass 30 HRs, but not by much.   His OPS will be close to .900.

3)  Trout for sure will be in the MVP race, but while I can see a little recovery for Pujols, he is still coming back from off-season surgery.   Pujols = 34 HRs and also close to a .900 OPS.

4)  Two GG winners:  Bourjos and Aybar, with Trout close in LF but due to getting used to it early on won't win it. 

5)  Richards makes progress, but still has inconsistent bouts with command issues.   He will replace Hanson for sure by July.

Oh, and this is the year Weaver finally wins the Cy Young award.

1)  Iannetta will catch 110 games, and some combo of Conger/Snyder/Hester will catch the other 52 games.

2)  Hamilton will surpass 30 HRs, but not by much.   His OPS will be close to .900.

3)  Trout for sure will be in the MVP race, but while I can see a little recovery for Pujols, he is still coming back from off-season surgery.   Pujols = 34 HRs and also close to a .900 OPS.

4)  Two GG winners:  Bourjos and Aybar, with Trout close in LF but due to getting used to it early on won't win it. 

5)  Richards makes progress, but still has inconsistent bouts with command issues.   He will replace Hanson for sure by July.

thats wayyyyy to optimistic from you..lol...where is the real AO and what'd you do to him?

Pretty much agree with this, but I think Conger will get most of the non-Iannetta reps if he stays hot from ST.  I thought his swing was getting a little long at the end though, and expect him to tail-off.

If everybody comes-out hitting, Josh will surpass 30.  Pitchers will have nowhere to hide from this line-up.

I think Trout will be good again, but will not put-up those same monster numbers since he'll be leading-off.  Might be Ricky Henderson-esque tho.

Trout won't win it in his first season in left... barely

No idea about Richards from watching just a couple of ST starts, but I think Vargas will be a good pick-up.

I'm really hoping for Weav to finally earn his rightful award.  He'll have to win 20+ to do it tho.

I think Scioscia is done with Conger, so he'll get traded to Toronto for, say, Ricky Romero. Then Anthopolous will flip him to Texas because the Rangers will tire of their Soto-as-a-backup-catcher experiment. Conger will then proceed to kill us.

Hamilton will hit 15 HRs, then go on the disabled list in June, falling over the short wall in foul territory while going full speed after a fly ball. He'll be out until September. Pujols will have a down year after this because he'll be protected by Trumbo, so he'll just be pitched around because they'll just have Trumbo strike out. So Hamilton + Pujols combined = 40 HRs.

Trout will win Gold Glove...in center, because Bourjos will have hit his way out of the lineup by mid-May.

Hanson will have three stints on the DL, and Richards will be forced to be the 5th starter...and will still suck.

And the Angels will finish...surprise!...in third place.

This is as much of a likelihood as the rosy picture you paint, Scott.

5 Even BOLDER Predictions

1. Trout (75), Bourjos (40), Aybar (35) combined will steal 150 bases.

2. Trout, Pujols, Hamilton, Trumbo will each hit over 40 Home Runs. 

3. Each of the following Angels single season records will be broken, some twice: Total Bases (Trout), Doubles (Pujols & Trout), Triples (Bourjos), HR (Hamilton), OPS (Pujols & Trout), Runs Scored (Trout), RBI (Pujols), Stolen Bases (Trout), Wins (Weaver), WHIP (Weaver).

4. Weaver wins 25 games.

5. The bullpen blows less than 10 saves. 

Nice article.  Fun stuff. 

1.  I think Conger's bat could force it's way into the lineup.  If Bourjos or Trumbo fail, we could see Conger getting some DH time.  He working against the fact that MS is all about D at C so he's gonna have a tough time getting time behind the plate.  So overall, I doubt this comes true

2. I think Jham will have a terrific year.  He's so frickin talented it makes me wonder if he did actually give up on the Rangers in the second half last year and he just went out there swinging at everything.  I think he'll get locked in more consistently and end up with 33hrs. 

3.  I like this one.  I agree that pujos will have his best season as a halo.  But Trout will again be the man.  I think his hrs increase and his SBs decrease.  I think he goes just shy of 40/40 with a .300avg and a ton of walks and wins the MVP going away. 

4.  Aybar will get one.  Bourjos will get one.  Trout won't.  In fact, I think he ends up an average defender from a metrics standpoint even though he'll make some spectacular plays.  I think either kendrick or callaspo get one though. 

5.  I am a Richards fan.  I would love for this to be true and I think he's got the skills. 

I wish Callaspo would get one. He's not the greatest hitter, but he is a really good defensive 3B. I think Beltre is too good not to win, though.

I can almost guarantee Richards will get a good amount of innings as a starter. What team (other than CHW) can get through a season with only 5 starters? 

I really hope Conger wins the backup job and becomes great at throwing out base stealers.