• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Annual American Idol Thread

it's an interesting perspective to say you don't watch the show but an article about the show brings up some valid points.

I love Connick but the girls did not go over the top with their interpretations of the standards. These girls had a few days to prepare to compete singing songs most of them had never heard before in a genre none of them fit into. Connick should have left Cree to sing the Etta James version like she wanted instead of trying to get her to switch to a version he liked more, which really only confused her. Connick really did not do a very good job mentoring considering the time constraints and the artists.

I was thinking the exact same thing while watching the show.  They aren't going to listen to Harry.  It boggles the mind why they are singing standards anyway, but if you are going to....and then bring in a mentor who specializes in this field...why are you not listening.  Harry was playing over their heads, some way more than others.

it's an interesting perspective to say you don't watch the show but an article about the show brings up some valid points.

I love Connick but the girls did not go over the top with their interpretations of the standards. These girls had a few days to prepare to compete singing songs most of them had never heard before in a genre none of them fit into. Connick should have left Cree to sing the Etta James version like she wanted instead of trying to get her to switch to a version he liked more, which really only confused her. Connick really did not do a very good job mentoring considering the time constraints and the artists.

Connick Jr. is a very likeable guy and I think might make an entertaining host if given the opportunity.  That being said, he's not a producer.  He's an artist who sings a specific genre, and may even consider himself to be a historian when it comes to standards.  Because of his love of this genre, I think he was attempting to educate and guide these ladies.  A producer would've helped their vocals stand out regardless of what they were singing.  Harry's aim seemed to be something like "be true to the song, emote the lyric, and you will shine as a result".  Probably a little idealistic when these ladies are learning 2 songs in a several day window.

I disagree. Some of the themes have been pretty awful - One Hit Wonders? Really? But having them sing different genres and even eras is fine and I think helps to exploit their overall abilities. They may not cut an album in that genre ever, but they certainly could perform in those genres in other professional capacities - like Broadway. 

Both ladies are super talented.  I'm a fan of both and wouldn't mind seeing either win.  That being said, Candice is in another league and should be the champ.  I told my wife that if Idol were to ever gather the winners of all 13 seasons (or is it 12) and have them compete, Candice would be a strong front-runner.

If Idol wants to boost their ratings, they'll do an All-star season of those that haven't won, nor done anything really significant in the industry but were fan favorites. Kind of a second chance season.

That and get new judges that don't suck