• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prayoffs? Who say anyting about prayoffs? Prayoffs?

If I'm reading the espn.com expanded standings correctly, and I like to think I am, the Angels have the third best chance in the American League of making the playoffs at just over 50 percent, behind only the Tigers and the A's.

The Angels may not have made the playoffs in the last four years, but they've regularly done well on the power rankings  B)

This team should make the playoffs.  They've got some warts they need to treat.

Adding Alvarez to the pen or getting a pen arm via trade

3b is a mess.  Hopefully Freese can continue to build off where he was going when he got hurt.  Stewart needs to go. 

DH needs to be Cron until he proves he can't hit.  If he fails we could be past the draft and add Kendrys or by that time, Calhoun and Hamilton will be back so you can continue to give Cowgill the reps. 

A consistent starter.  Hopefully Santiago can turn it around, but if they are 2-3 games out of the division by the deadline, and there is still an issue, I wouldn't mind seeing them make a trade.

These are playoff team problems.  If you fix half of them, they'll make it.  The big one is still the pen imo.  I like Ernesto, but he's just too hr prone to be a consistent closer on a playoff team.  As Shane has mentioned, Cishek would really help this team. 

I think this team is in good shape because the answer to most of their glaring weaknesses are solved in house. The outfield problem will be solved when Hamilton comes back. When Calhoun comes back it allows us to use Cowgill as the 4th outfielder, pinch runner late in games. The bullpen issues can be solved by Alvarez and Bedrosian once they have more seasoning. If Hamilton and Calhoun hit when they come back then Freese has less pressure on them. The only weakness we may have to trade for is a fifth starter.

I think this team is in good shape because the answer to most of their glaring weaknesses are solved in house. The outfield problem will be solved when Hamilton comes back. When Calhoun comes back it allows us to use Cowgill as the 4th outfielder, pinch runner late in games. The bullpen issues can be solved by Alvarez and Bedrosian once they have more seasoning. If Hamilton and Calhoun hit when they come back then Freese has less pressure on them. The only weakness we may have to trade for is a fifth starter.

The team's biggest weakness in my opinion, is catching. I like Iannetta at the plate, but on defense, he's a major problem. 

The next one is 3rd base.

The bullpen has looked much better of late. Even Frieri looked great tonight. His mechanics were tweaked, and I think he's back to being Ernasty. It was the best I've seen him pitch in a while.

I think Hamilton makes us a playoff team, period. Trout-Pujols-Hamilton is much scarier than Trout-Pujols-Ibanez or Kendrick or whoever else Scosh has been using.

Now whether we can win in the playoffs is another matter (can you imagine beating Verlander-Scherzer with any of our starters?) but that's a problem I'd like to face.

DH needs to be Cron until he proves he can't hit.  If he fails we could be past the draft and add Kendrys or by that time, Calhoun and Hamilton will be back so you can continue to give Cowgill the reps. 

I think Ibanez is here until Hamilton/Calhoun get back.  Once they are healthy, it's difficult to argue the team is better with Ibanez over Cron or Green at DH.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

The team's biggest weakness in my opinion, is catching. I like Iannetta at the plate, but on defense, he's a major problem.

The next one is 3rd base.

The bullpen has looked much better of late. Even Frieri looked great tonight. His mechanics were tweaked, and I think he's back to being Ernasty. It was the best I've seen him pitch in a while.

I would love to have a great defensive catcher to go along with either Ianetta or Conger but we can win with those two. As for third base, when healthy we can have one weakness and still be fine. I'd like to see Freese a bit longer to see if he can adjust and become closer to the player he once was, which was only 2012.

As long as Weaver, Richards, WIlson and Skaggs all stay healthy, I like their chances a lot.

I think a lack of SP depth could end up biting them in the ass. I hope Dipoto is still working the phones trying to acquire some depth.