• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Darvish

Nolan Ryan tipped his cap.

Scioscia and Butcher thought it was slave labor.

Your boy Nibs has been over 115 pitches 4 times this season including 125 in his last game and the rotation has been averaging the 2nd most innings per start in the AL despite the consistent 5 IP or less from Santiago.   Do you really want the younger pitchers working heavy workloads early in the year?   That always worked out really well when Terry Collins was here.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

Your boy Nibs has been over 115 pitches 4 times this season including 125 in his last game and the rotation has been averaging the 2nd most innings per start in the AL despite the consistent 5 IP or less from Santiago. Do you really want the younger pitchers working heavy workloads early in the year? That always worked out really well when Terry Collins was here.

Not the younger pitchers, although Skaggs has kept his pitch counts down which has allowed him to average just over 7 innings in all of his starts when excluding the Skanks game earlier this week.

Jerry Reuss. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Well played AO.

Thanks

It's still not as heartbreaking as two other near perfectos: the one by Galaraga of course for the Tigers, and in 1972 where the Cubs' Milt Pappas was one strike from a perfecto but the ump called ball 4 on a pitch that appeared to be strike 3.

The question I'd like to ask the MLB guys is this.  If the game was in Boston, what would the ruling be.  You know it would be a hit. 

MLB guy has spoken. They overturned the error to a hit. Bigger question: Would have the error of stood if Yu didn't give up the hit to Ortiz in the ninth. How hilarious would it have been for everyone in the stadium to celebrate the no hit, only for it to be overturned the next week.

MLB guy has spoken. They overturned the error to a hit. Bigger question: Would have the error of stood if Yu didn't give up the hit to Ortiz in the ninth. How hilarious would it have been for everyone in the stadium to celebrate the no hit, only for it to be overturned the next week.

It would not have been overturned, nor should it have been. To take away a no hitter after the fact is weak. I am sure this has been mentioned, but if we had instant replay back then, Galaraga would have had that perfect game. Even though Jim Joyce screwed up the call, I gained a lot of respect for him with the way he handled it.

Because the official rulebook says those calls are left to the discretion of the scorer. It's not like it was a bloop hit that evaded the reach of a fielder. Odor basically camped under a routine fly ball and allowed it to hit the ground. Ortiz is a petty ass bitch for appealing to MLB over this.

Because the official rulebook says those calls are left to the discretion of the scorer. It's not like it was a bloop hit that evaded the reach of a fielder. Odor basically camped under a routine fly ball and allowed it to hit the ground. Ortiz is a petty ass bitch for appealing to MLB over this.

I didn't know that Ortiz appealed it. But whatever, it wasn't a no hitter and so changing the call to what we are all use to the call being isn't a big deal. Like I said if it was a no hitter then I would be fine with it being called an error also.

Then why wasn't Odor credited with the error? This is the problem with a dropped ball between players, you can't credit it to any player. I believe this is the main reason why those plays are just scored a hit.

This is patently false.  

It's wonderful to see a player of Ortiz's caliber make certain the integrity of the game is properly looked after.  It's of the utmost importance that the factual record of MLB's history be as accurate as humanly possible.  To this end David Ortiz is a shining example of truth and someone to be loows up to.  If people like Yu Darvish, a descendant of the same people who both ransacked our embassy in Tehran AND the snaeky_bastards that struck Pearl Harbor are left unchecked there is no telling what could happen to America.  

David "Big Captain America" Ortiz for president.

Sorry, just wanted to see what it felt like to make a Sneaky_flute argument.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Tanaka has looked good, but I don't think he's on darvish's level. Lets give the league a chance to build a scouting report on him first. Remember dice-BB matsuzaka was a cy young candidate his first couple years in the league

Edited by Hollyw00d