• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just another Puig douche bag move

that was a clown bat flip, bro.

hey, someone had to say it.

Bryce Harper actually trademarked the phrase "that's a clown ____, bro". You'll be hearing from his lawyers shortly.

Fwiw, puig isnt highly thought of by more than a few of his own teammates either....

I dont know him so who knows what hes like in person. Maybe hes really cool and down to earth. Who knows. But ive heard rumors hes not mr popular in the dodgers inner circle. The opening day thing was bigger behind closed doors than the fans know of.

Either way, its not so much that hes a douch for bat flipping....but hes more than fair game to laugh at for doing it.

Either way, its not so much that hes a douch for bat flipping....but hes more than fair game to laugh at for doing it.

for sure, mock him. it's deserved, but people act like he's a devil for it.

on a related note, i'd take a harper, trout, puig outfield.

i would love him on the halos.

Having Aybar and him on the same team would probably activate some kind of wonder twin powers or something.

Edited by Glen

As of right now, I think Stanton, Blackmon and McCutchen should start in the ASG 

This should happen, especially if they keep up their level of play, but probably won't due to online fan voting beginning in April.

You're right. I just think Harper is a douche, but nobody can really match Puig. Puig is an arrogant asshole in everything he does.

Ever hear of a player named Rickey Henderson? Mr. "Snap Catch" and "I am the greatest of all time speech" Puig has yet to even sniff that sacred realm.

my favorite player of all time, rickey henderson. like what was posted above, people characterize rickey as selfish, but he's the guy that played independent ball after a hall of fame career and was teaching young fringe professionals how to take a lead, read the pitcher, etc. also, when asked about his record that he valued the most, it was runs. because that's the stat that matters.

Ever hear of a player named Rickey Henderson? Mr. "Snap Catch" and "I am the greatest of all time speech" Puig has yet to even sniff that sacred realm.

Meh, outside of his Today Im the greatest of all time speech, Henderson was more a guy completely detached from the rest of the world than truly an asshole.  Dude was all about winning all the time.  Plus nothing was as funny as listening to Rickey talk about Rickey.

The Rickey got "17 year" story is still one of my favorite all time baseball stories.  Link to Henderson stories: http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?boardid=53&threadid=67371

from Piazza's book:

The Mets released Rickey in May 2000, which meant that he helped us to the playoffs in his only full season with the ball club. He was instrumental in not only getting us there, but in how the playoff shares—the bonuses earned from MLB for each postseason series—were divided. The shares meeting is always an interesting exercise in human dynamics, sort of a microcosm of democracy. Rickey was the most generous guy I ever played with, and whenever the discussion came around to what we should give one of the fringe people—whether it was a minor leaguer who came up for a few days or the parking lot attendant—Rickey would shout out, 'Full share!' We'd argue for a while and he'd say, '**** that! You can change somebody's life!' I admired Rickey's heart, but I usually came down somewhere in the middle.

Edited by Inside Pitch

The faux outrage with Puig here is on tmz levels.

The purists hate guys that try to do too much and are aggressive with being successful if the attempts don't succeed.

I bet the dudes bitching about him saw him fly straight into the wall the other day and think he's being a primadonna.

I don't care for the guy, but I agree the scrutiny he and Harper get is borderline ridiculous.  I think they are getting raked the way they are in part because they just aren't Mike Trout.

Maybe, and the same holds true for Trout. The guy is having an MVP season but people will be up in arms about some aspects.

The funny thing is I don't really care for Puig either. He seems to play hard but lacks discipline. But the way the media and this place are enamored with him is pretty ridiculous.

Edited by Brandon

Most players don't do the things Yasiel Puig does.  Good, bad, and in between.  That's why he gets attention.  

I don't understand this thread.  I thought the bat flip was funny... a "got heeeem" if you will.  I'm not bent out of shape. It is not the end of the world.  It didn't make him the devil.   It wasn't a crime.

As for last night.  I think part of it may be that opponents want to get under his skin.  Maybe he does something stupid because of it....even ejected or suspended.   

I wish there were more players with Puig's passion and energy in baseball. Completely serious.

Agreed.

But, our own Mike Trout has plenty of fun playing the game without the antics.  

Of course, there is the other side where people want it both ways:  They hate when Harper dogs-it down to 1b, but want to reign-him-in so he doesn't get hurt laying-out for fly-balls...