• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Christians interrupt Hindu prayer in senate - They voted to allow prayer, but didn't understand that sometimes it wouldn't be exclusively Christian -

Deuteronomy 13:1-18

Pre-Jesus though

That verse is irrelevant to what the constitution protects.  Any Christian trying to apply it in that fashion would making a massive and unfortunate breach of logic.

Also, that verse was for the nation of Israel, for it to survive with God's blessings in the land which He was going to give them.  Any attempt to nationalize or understand that verse outside of that meaning would also be a huge stretch.

That verse is irrelevant to what the constitution protects.  Any Christian trying to apply it in that fashion would making a massive and unfortunate breach of logic.

Also, that verse was for the nation of Israel, for it to survive with God's blessings in the land which He was going to give them.  Any attempt to nationalize or understand that verse outside of that meaning would also be a huge stretch.

Thank you MT

I am always fascinated by how much american christians want to see the U.S. as Israel.  Claiming verses and ideas that were meant for Israel.  I think the big mistake is to see the comparison as nation to nation.  When in fact it should be people of god to people of god.

The verses and promises for Israel can be understood today as toward the church, but only inside of the church.  To try and take those ideas and wield them as a weapon against an unbelieving world is an epic error and can truly only lead to hard hearts toward god's people.

If the church is helping the community and is a safe haven for those seeking spiritual guidance the congregation will take care of itself. No need to go ideological crusading, let your works and open door policy do the talking. If someone doesn't want to hear it they flat out don't want to hear it. I'll never forget this one time I took a girl to the movies and got swarmed by radicals who literally exited an unmarked white van handing out literature about how you're going to die and you will go to hell. People are trying to enjoy their evening and these whack jobs are trying to get confrontational. And you just know that somewhere, somehow, someones making a buck off all of it. 

as far as passing out tracks, I agree that is a really ineffectual way of preaching the gospel.  However, pretty much nobody is making money on the tracks except maybe for the printers.  They aren't sold, they are given away mostly and if they are sold, they are like 5 cents or less apiece usually.  

I get that it can be irritating but you must understand that for Christians, preaching the gospel is the greatest commandment Christ has given us, you might as well tell a bear to stop liking fish.

I would never interrupt someone during prayer. That's as low as you can get.

Neither would I, Bumpy St1ck.

I posted this video on my Facebook wall and had several of my (Christian) friends comment how awful it was. 

They talked about how Jews were not the only ones to be persecuted by genocide.

If you want to know how a government is run that openly accepts one religion and holds disdain for all others, look no farther than Iran. I am Baha'i. The religion originated in Iran (then Persia). The Iranian government imprisons Baha'is, and on occasion has even executed them, all for the crime of not being Muslim. In every Baha'i community I have visited across the country, you find Iranians who came to America to flee religious persecution in their home country.